Chapter 22

Y/N's POV

Three days had already past and Kyojuro didn't still finished his mission. Sometimes his kasugaigarasu will send me his letter but now it stopped from sending. Also I already finished my mission yesterday so I'm resting in my house. I also visited the Ubuyashiki estate earlier, well I can't just forget that Oyakata-sama stand as my father for so long.

I sighed as pulled the teddy bear that Kyojuro gave to me. I remembered our first date making me smile as I pinch the teddy bear's nose. I feel bored and I don't have someone to talk, cause Ayano had a mission and I bet she will return today. I then layed to my futon while hugging the teddy bear and then closed my eyes. It's not bad to sleep for a while, I'm just tired from my mission yesterday.

*****

' Y/N, I love you.'

I slowly opened my eyes, I just heard someone. Is it a dream, I then stretched my hand as I yawn before standing up. I didn't even realized that I slept for too long, and it's already getting dark. I should start making some food and let the servant rest first. I slide open my door and Ayano popped infront of the door making me flinched in surprised.

" Ayano, you startled me also you came back." I said with a smile making her nod, she really is early in dealing her mission.

" Dinner is already prepared." She said before started walking, I just sighed. I feel bad in making her help to cook for dinner, she just returned and yet she helped our servant. I didn't said anything and followed her towards the dining room. I saw some of the servants preparing our food before bowing their heads and left us.

" So how's the mission Ayano?" I asked while grabbing my plate and also getting some food.

" Same as always." Ayano replied while putting food in her mouth, I smiled before humming in response. Well knowing that she is in good mood it means her mission went well. Before I grabbed the sushi, we heard a knock to the door as I signaled her to come in.

" Y/N-sama, a kasugaigarasu just came to see you." One servant said, I just blinked my eyes but placed down my plate and stand up. She then lead me the way and it was outside the house. I familiarized Kyojuro's kasugaigarasu making me smile as I sat down to face him. But I was confused when I can't see a letter in his feet.

" Y/N-sama." He then spoke with a little bit sad voice making my heart thump slowly. Why is Kyojuro's kasugaigarasu sad? Before I spoke I was cut of by a loud voice calling my name together with another voice. I raise my head and my eyes widened when I saw Tanjiro who is running towards me before he kneeled down. I was also shocked when I saw him badly injured making me tap his back.

"  T-tanjiro why are you here you need to treat your wound first also where is Kyoju-"

" I'm sorry Y/N-san! I didn't help Rengoku-san! H-he died in our battle, we can't even retrieve his body cause the whole place  exploded. I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't fullfill our promise!" I frozed in my spot when I heard him told me that Kyojuro died, I can't even utter any words only tears came out. But I grabbed Tanjiro's head making him face me. I forcely smiled and cupped his faced while crying.

" D-don't blame yourself Tanjiro. Please don't." I said while sobbing, he also started crying loudly while saying sorry but I just hugged him. I wanted to not believe it, I don't want to believe it bur watching Tanjiro cry made me believed it. It really hurts, I know I can't take it anymore but I'm injuring it. I then signaled the Kakushi to get Tanjiro making them sadly nod.

" Y/N-san, I'll give you this." Tanjiro said while giving me something before the Kakushi started carrying him. " I'm sorry." He then continued before they started running away.  I gasped when I realized it was Kyojuro's haori. I started crying again as I hugged the hoari. I can smell the blood, but some of it was Kyojuro's scent.

" Kyojuro-sama sama had his last word for you. ' I'm sorry and I love you." His Kasugaigarasu said, hearing it breaks my heart. I then felt Ayano tapped my shoulder making me face her and she was sadly facing me. I didn't hesitate to hugged her as I cried on her shoulder while holding Kyojuro's  haori.

Why? Why did he left me?

" I promise to come back."

I then remembered the day before he left, if I knew that this will happen I should stopped him. Why didn't I stopped him? It hurts so much, I can't see him anymore, I can't feel his warm hug anymore, his smiles, his I love you's. Kyojuro is already gone and I don't want it.

*****
Third Person's POV

The news of Rengoku's death soon reach to Oyakata-sama and the pillars. They can't believe that he died while facing an upper rank demon. But someone made them worried, it's Y/N. They know that she already knew about it and she is suffering and she is. Y/N is suffering. Oyakata-sama is already worried to her daughter, he knows that Y/N loves Kyojuro and he also knew that she will lock herself away for a while.  Like she did when her mother died.

Not just Y/N, but Tanjiro is also feeling depressed. He is really attatched to Kyojuro since the first time they met. Also Tanjiro didn't even helped Kyojuro to fight the upper moon three. He feels so bad about it because he knew that Y/N is hurting. Also they didn't retrieve his body so Oyakata-sama decided to make him a grave even without a body.

Y/N didn't see Kyojuro's burial, making everyone get worried to her espcially Amane-san and also Ayano. She locked herself in her room and didn't even went out. She will cry and hugged Kyojuro's haori and then slept. But she will still cry when she wakes up.

Ayano always try to give her food by forcely entering to her room but to only see Y/N's depressed estate. Her eyes was red from crying, her hair is messy. Ayano was hurt watching her mentor acting like that, but she already know she can't do anything.

The lost of Kyojuro affect her too much, the person she loved was killed by a demon again. But still Y/N can't make herself hate demons, instead she hate herself for not doing anything to stop Kyojuro that time. If ever she can take the time back then she will definitely stop him but it's  already done. It can't take the time back, never.

******

I hate writing this chapter! I can't take it, T__T. Please don't forget to wipe your tears with a tissue.