Chapter 8 - Confessions

Chris was relieved when Sonja was finally moved to a regular room two days later. He brought Jayden to see her that first afternoon.

"Mommy" Jayden exclaimed as he ran to his mother's bed!

"Wait Jayden. You're going to need to give your mother a few days before you can climb up there" Chris cautioned him.

"No Chris, it's okay. I don't even take up half the bed."

Chris knew that Jayden had been frighten since he first heard about Sonja. Chris had only told him that she had been hurt. It was only today that she told him that she had been shot.

"So why are you sitting way over there Country Mouse"? Sonja said with a smile. "I think we can find a spot for you up here."

The nurse almost dropped the bag of Sonja's medicine when she walked into the room. She found all three of them sound asleep in Sonja's bed. The nurse quietly swapped out the two containers and slipped out of the room.

LaSalle was the first one to awaken and quietly crawled out of the hospital bed. Unfortunately, Jayden cried out when he tried to awaken him. Sonja woke up with a start but soon remembered that her two favorite men were there with her.

"That boy can sleep through anything Chris. He'll be back asleep as soon as he gets into the car. I'll see you tomorrow" Sonja said with a groggy voice.

Sonja stayed in the hospital for another week. Chris had flown back home to duty but that didn't last long. His teammates grew tired of his short temper and made him go back on leave allowing him to return to D.C. just as Sonja was discharged.

It was fortunate for Percy that LaSalle could actually cook. She put her foot down, however, at any homemade wine. Sonja found herself enjoying Chris' company.

LaSalle finally convinced Percy to go out to eat. He had given the nanny the weekend off and arranged for Jayden to stay at the Mc Donald's since the newly promoted Lieutenant was back from his training.

Sonja asked one of her friends to come over and braid her hair in a more elaborate style. Finding something to wear was a challenge since she had lost some weight during her injury and recovery. Keandra was able to find a pair of trousers in the back of her closet that she had 'outgrown' the year before. Sonja matched it with top and looked extremely sophisticated.

Sonja enjoyed herself immensely while they were out. It had been almost a month that she had felt the wind blow in her face. Once back at the house, Sonja suggested to Chris to go get a beer out of the fridge and then come down to her room and help her with something?

"Sure City Mouse. Let me check my messages and then I'll be down" Chris responded.

LaSalle was a little shocked to enter the bedroom and see Sonja in a flimsy night gown. "Here Butch you're going to need these" as she tossed him his own mode of protection.

"Are you sure Sonja? Can you do this?"

"As long as you don't put your entire weight on me." She replied. "I talked with the doctor yesterday while I was there for the checkup."

LaSalle felt enthralled when he woke up the next morning. He rolled over to see Sonja staring at him. "I thought you would never wake up Butch" she said as she moved slightly toward him.

"I can't image why" he responded with that classic LaSalle smile.

"Well I think I can use some more attention" she responded seductively.

A few hours later they got up to eat and then headed for the shower.

Back in the living room Sonja noticed LaSalle staring at her.