anti dementor lessons(edited)

Start from the beginning

Harry nodded and then asked Lupin what he was going to be teaching him.

"It is called a patronus charm" Lupin started.

"How does it work?"

"When done correctly it conjures up a patronus that acts like a sort of anti-dementor,a guardian that sheilds you from the dementor"

"What does a patronus look like?" Harry asked yet another question.

"Each one is specific to the wizard who conjures it"

"How do you conjure it?"

"First you have to concentrate on a very happy memory" Lupin told the boy.

Harry searched through his thoughts for a happy memory, Definitely nothing with the Dursleys, he decided to use the first time he rode a broomstick.

"Right"

"The incantation is expecto patronum"

Harry muttered it under his breath.

"Concentrating hard on your happy memory?"

"Yeah"

"Wait!"

Harry and Lupin turned to look at Daisy who had sat up and was looking at Harry.

"Harry that's not going to work"

"How do you know?" He asked, wondering how she could possibly know what he was thinking.

"I'm your twin Harry, I know you better than anyone in the world, just listen to me please"

"Ok I will"

She smiled at him and went back to her drawing, Lupin looked at her curiously also wondering how she knew that Harry's memory would not work. The boy went through his thoughts again and he decided on the first time he left the Dursleys and went to Hogwarts, meeting his best friends for life.

"Ready?"

Harry nodded and Lupin opened to trunk, as soon as the lip had opened up a huge and menacing dementor sored above them, slowly descending onto Harry. Daisy had deserted her pencil and pad and was watching anxiously as her brother held his wand up to the boggart.

"Expecto patronum! expecto patronum! expecto-"

The sound of Lily Potter Potter rang through Harry's ears, his concentration began to falter as the begging and shouting got louder and louder.

"Please not Harry and Daisy"

"Stand aside you silly girl"

"Take me instead, please not my children, my babies"

Daisy could all of a sudden hear her dad yelling, she put her hands over her ears to try and stop it and screwed her eyes shut tightly.

"Lily take the children upstairs, I'll fight him off"

"I love you James"

"I love you too, and I love you Harrry and Daisy, Daddy loves you so much"

The voices stopped as Lupin put the boggart back into the trunk and Harry had passed out on the floor. The lid was slammed shut and Daisy jumped off the table and ran to her brothers side, Lupin not far behind her.

"Harry! Harry!"

Harry opened his eyes and slowly sat up. He saw that Daisy was crying and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Its alright Daisy, dint cry" He looked over his sisters shoulder at his teacher and smiled apoligetically at him "Sorry"

"Are you ok harry?" Remsu said, ignoring him.

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"Here" Lupin handed Harry a chocolate frog that he had grabbed from his pocket "Eat this, I wouldn't expect you to get it on the first try, I would be astounded if you did"

"Harry if you don't want to continue I will more than understand-"

"No I do, I have to if one comes to the next Mach I need to be able to fight it" Harry wasn't going to atop until he had done this.

"Alright, then you need to try a different memory, that one doesn't seem to have been strong enough"

Harry searched for another memory, He chose the time where he and his sister had escaped the dursleys once when they were little and went to the park together, they were around five or six and it was the first time that he had seen is sister really smile.

"Ready?"

"Ready"

They got up form their positions on the floor and went back to the places that they were in before. Lupin grabbed the lid of the trunk and slowly opened it up again, letting the dementor free again.

"Expecto patronum! EXPECTO PATRONUM"

The voices appeared in Harry's head again but they were quieter, he seemed to be able to concentrate more this time. Suddenly, a large, silver Shadow bursted from the end of Harry's wand  and he stayed on his feet. He lowered his wand and guided it into the trunk,  Lupin wore a huge smile on his face and closed the trunk and Harry sank into a nearby chair where Daisy jumped on him and hugged him.

"Good job Harry! You did it!"

He gave her a tiered smile a patted her back.

"Excellent Harry"

"Can I have another go, just one more" Harry said desperately looking up a Lupin with hopeful eyes.

"Not now, you've done enough for one night, here"

He handed Harry a bar of hunnneydukes chocolate and Harry have him a nod in thanks, he opened it up and broke of a piece, putting it in Daisy's mouth which she smiled at.

"You'd better get going twins it's getting late and you don't want a detention from filch"

Harry said his goodbyes to Lupin and Dasiy hugged him, thanking him for teaching Harry the spell. He embraced the young girl, enjoying any amount of time he could get with his goddaughter. He smiled down at her and told her that she better get back to their common room and get some sleep.