Akali and Kennen shared another look. They were champions of the Institute, and they wouldn’t doubt that they can help the Undead Swordsman with whatever his problem was. However, this still left much unanswered. “Can you take us to where you first saw him?” Kennen requested, hoping to find any further tracks.

The farmer nodded. “Yes, I still remember where that is,” he replied as he started walking towards the door, passing by them, and exiting. It was hard to forget the place where his son was attacked, after all.

The two Kinkou members followed him. They were honestly curious to find what they can about the Abyss Watcher. The more they found about him, the more confusing he seemed. They just hoped to find answers before this became far too annoying.

Meanwhile, Grey and Ahri were on the bench in the locker room, waiting for the fighting pits to start. A few moments ago, the guy who was at the table in front of the entrance came in and hanged a piece of paper on the door, showing numbers and a schedule, showing everyone the timing of their fights and who they would be fighting.

Grey’s fight was the very first one tonight, and Ahri couldn’t help but keep looking around cautiously at the other fighters as they either prepared their weapons or trained on punching bags. “Calm down, you’re too nervous,” the Abyss Watcher suddenly said, reading her body language.

“Well, I think you’re too calm,” Ahri retorted, seeing his rather lax sitting position while leaning back and crossing his arms.

“What they’re doing is stupid beyond reason,” he commented causing her to raise an eyebrow in confusion. “They are simply showing off in the hopes of seeming intimidating to lowers the morals of their opponents. However, they’re also giving others a chance to come up with a battle plan to fight them. So, ignore them,” he explained.

The Nine-tailed Vastaya looked surprised before looking around again, but this time, with her magic. She then saw clear anxiety on everyone, some even fearful. They were those who weren’t worried, but they were reeking of arrogance, so Ahri dismissed them as fools. Looking back at her traveling companion, she saw that he was just as emotionless as always, which meant that no one can read anything on him, not even her with her magic.

“Hey there, beautiful,” just as luck would have it, one of those Ahri dubbed as fools came to approach her, and he was reeking of lust. A large, muscly man that had the sides of his head shaved, silver shoulder armor, bare chest, brown trousers, and was holding a spiky morningstar. “What’s a cutie like you doing here?” he asked.

Ahri rolled her eyes. “Just seeing my friend fight,” she answered, motioning to Grey.

“Why don’t you be my friend? I’m sure that I can offer you better than what he has,” the man said, puffing his chest to show off.

The Nine-tailed Vastaya was honestly wondering if that way of talking actually works on women. “Thanks, but if I wanted to leave him for trash, I would go into the corner,” she replied, pointing a trashcan in the far end of the room.

The man was obviously not pleased. “Listen, lady, I’m trying to be nice here, so why don’t you just come along before I get violent,” he threatened while reaching forward with his arm.

Ahri was ready to burn his arm off right then and there. However, before the man’s arm even came close to her shoulder, an armored arm grabbed it. “She declined, so you should leave,” the Abyss Watcher said.

Ahri was somewhat surprised, she expected him to let her handle this and not get involved. “Mind your own-argh!” whatever the man was going to say stopped as Grey tightened his hold, to the point that Ahri can almost hear cracking.

Two Lost Soulsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें