Pogues, pogies, the throwaway fish. Lowest member of the food chain. Okay. So, the downside of Pogues life is we're ignored and neglected. But the upside of Pogues life? We're ignored and neglected, which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want.

Thats JJ, John B and I's best friend since the third grade

Thats JJ, John B and I's best friend since the third grade. He's about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. Best surfer I know. Just don't tell him I said that. He taught me, and I always joke I'm the best, but its him. Anyways, Mild Kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat.

And that's Kiara, or Kie, as we call her. When not saving turtles, or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs with us. I'm not really sure why, though. So, she's a rich kid, actually. Foot in both worlds. But it's nice having another girl around. Her family owns the wreck, this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. You know, I'm not sure how her parents feel about the boys. They love me, for some reason. The boys all have a thing for her, hopefully not JJ.

And that's Pope, the brains of the operation... finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. And the smartest person I know. Little bit of a weirdo, but you gotta love him. His father's this legendary character, Hayward. Anything you wanted on the island, Hayward could get for you. Now, I'm not sure Hayward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a pogue, just like the rest of us. 

And then that's John Booker Routledge. He lives in an old fish shack on the marsh. The Chateau, as his dad used to call it. His dad disappeared at sea nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck. Who disappears at sea these days? He misses him. His mom, she split when he was three. Last he heard, she was in Colorado. I think it was Colorado. Since his dad vanished, his Uncle T, is supposedly his legal guardian. At the moment, he's in Mississippi, building houses... I basically live here with John B. 

It's been just me right now, basically on my own, hangin' out with my friends.

And finally, that's me. Y/n L/n. I am a carefree girl just trying to live life with my friends. I'm closest with JJ, and I can't deny that there is some romantic feelings, but he is always hooking up with girls left and right. My mom does drugs every night, always high, always bad talking me. My dad, an alchohalic, pulled a gun on me once.  I'm sure our house will be taken away soon, but that doesn't matter to me anyways, I'm always at John B's or Kie's house. Sometimes it's hard for me, but I cover my emotions with a smile, I don't want to worry my friends. We're Pogues, nothing is supposed to get the best of us. 

So, that's my crew. 

Three months after John B's dad was missing, he was presumed dead. I was heartbroken, as he was like a father figure to me. I can't imagine what John B felt like. He refused to sign the papers.  Until he sees a body, he's not giving up."

So that's where it brings us. The five of us on a mission to find out what happened. Maybe some love, some hate, death, I don't know. But we're gonna find out. 

Cast

jj...........rudy pankow

John b........ chase stokes

pope.........jonathan davis

Kiara..............madison Bailey

Sarah............madelyn cline

rafe..............drew Starkey

topper..........austin north

***

^ imagine y/n is the one talking^

This belongs to me and me only. All rights reserved. enjoy the story!! <3