Accepted?

Unlike other girls at school, I was unpopular and yet still popular. I know that sounds confusing so I'll explain to you. I am Angela Crown, a socially awkward teenage girl. I'm not too sure about that, but that's what everyone says about me at school. The only introvert with average grades. I was quiet but then still not anything close to being as intelligent as the other introverted nerds at school. It was fun being the only one in my clique but at times it felt lonely. Sometimes I wished I could pull off the weird vibe the way saraya did. Who's saraya? She's just like me, but she has better grades and well, she's prettier. A whole lot prettier by the way.
       I have a deformed face, so let's say this is where my popularity kicks off. Everyone knows Twist-face. That's what the other students call me when they think I can't hear them. It's good enough that they respect me a little to not say it to my face, that would have hurt a lot.
   The doctors say things will get better because I'll be able to get my surgery done when I'm a legal adult, eighteen. Forgive me, I just like the idea of being a legal adult. I'll be beautiful, finally! I'll look like the other girls at school. But that's a long time from now cause, I'm just 15. That'll be three more long years of ugliness, but believe me, I'm beautiful on the inside, but no one sees the inside, when the outside is a mess right? I understand, I wouldn't even talk to me when I looked in the mirror! So did I blame them? No.
    Today was going to be my first day on the cheerleading team. You must be wondering how I got on there, well that's a long story. The school authority believes that I could inspire people, funny right? They think I could tell the world that deformity wasn't the end of life. Well it wasn't, or was it? Not like I cared, but I didn't want to die because of a deformity. Just three more years and I'd be beautiful, and then nothing could kill me!
    I got to the basket ball room and no one had gotten there. Or did they change the venue of practice without telling me? That'd be okay, I understand. I shouldn't even be here at all. No one wanted to be around me, and I knew it and I understood why.
   "Where are others?", I heard someone say as she threw the door open. I looked back to see who it was. Of course, who else would have such a pretty voice. She was pretty, so was her voice, so was her body, and her grades were even prettier. she was the golden girl of our batch, Anastasia Brown. I was happy to her see her, that meant they weren't trying to put me away, they were just late, and for once I was excited.
  "I don't know, they probably still have classes", I said. She looked at me and smiled and for that one moment I felt like someone was okay with me around. It wasn't a nervous smile at all, it was so welcoming. "They'd come around, don't stress, they're always like this", she said as she sat on a bench. Just then I realized I hadn't even looked for a sit, so I ran to get another bench to sit on. "Angela, come sit with me", I heard Anastasia say. I looked at her and she nodded still smiling. I walked over and sat down beside her. She looked at me and then laughed. I knew it, there was something, she just wanted to see me up close and laugh. And that moment I felt broken
  "Ease up Angie, it's just me", she said as she touched my shoulder still having her reassuring smile plastered to her face. And then I knew I was wrong, she never wanted them laugh at me and then for the first time I felt accepted. I returned the smile and looked forward. She was even playing nicknames with me.
   Just then other cheerleaders started to stroll in, along side basket ball players. I was excited, because I had heard other students say that they always had fun together, and today I was going to be part of that fun!