“Chibs am I going to have to file harassment on an employee?” I asked him, trying to make it a joke.

            He shook his head, grinning a bit, “No. It’s not for that. I think you cracked a rib on that run yesterday.”

            I was silent for a couple of moments, bothered about how he didn’t move. Jesus did he even breathe? I gulped and tried giving him a weird look, “Why would you think that?”

            “Well, you rode a taxi in, makes me think that riding a bike would be too hard on your chest. You are walking differently, there is pain on your face. Even moving around here at TM you have ragged breathing a bit. Bending over a car is not helping your lungs. Also, you are wearing, what I’m guessing is, a bikini top because a normal bra would be too hard for you to breathe and wear with the bruises,” Chibs answered.

            Well that was stunning.

            I stared at him a bit longer, my eyebrow raised, mostly for the last part, and he could tell. He answered me, “it’s a different padding, right. A bit noticeable sometimes. Plus some of us were looking because we wanted to make sure that you weren’t injured from the stop yesterday.”

            “I’m really considering this harassment file now.” I told him before looking down at my breasts. He was right. My blood red bikini was under that black tanktop. I tried a bra this morning and only had it on for five minutes before I switched to the bikini. Still worked the same really, “like seriously do you all just stare at my boobs so that you can tell what bra I’m wearing.”

            “It’s not like that,” Chibs laughed.

            “Well you seemed to definitely know the difference,” I remarked.

            “Lass, I have a wife. So does half of the guys. We know differences in looks without even looking at boobs every day,” Chibs answered.

            I rolled my eyes and told him, “fine, I’ll hold off on the file.”

            I tried to walk away but he held my arm, “Row, I want to see the damage.”

            Turning back to him, I answered, “then look at my poor jeep.”

            He shook his head, “Row if this is serious then it could have lasting effects.”

            I groaned a little bit in annoyance and he told me, “Rowen Byrne if this is about how you think the guys will see you then you can save your breath. Hell I’ve seen guys barely get hurt and they cry and cry. You’re already taking it like a champ. I can tell from your body language that it hurts.”

            “I’m. Fine.” I told back at him.

            “You’re not weak for wanting help.”

            “I don’t need it Filip.”

            Hissing the last words, I wanted him off of it. He didn’t understand. They didn’t understand.  Hell if I really needed the help, I would go to an actual doctor.

            “Don’t let your pride wound you into stupidity, Rowen,” Chibs told me.

            I stared at him for a while after that, letting the anger rise up. I tried to hold my tongue. I’ve been holding that fire inside me about this down for a while. It was such a shame to let it fly out. I gritted my teeth and I asked, “do they need me to start cleaning up now?”