so ... how's life? - plus a new story (:

Hi everyone!

Reaching out to you all since there has been an influx of re-readers and new readers on Corporate Affairs! Thank you for all the love in these last few months - I know things are stressful for everyone right now so I'm reaching out to you all to see if you need any support/help in this time. Please feel free to comment on this section venting/asking for advice/requesting good vibes/energy/prayers, or just even to say hello! 

Anyways, it's been a long time since I've been able to write and now that I have finished college (FOREVER) and am currently remaining locked-down, I have a bit more time to write and come up with story ideas. 

Which brings me to my next point...

I have recently begun working on a slow-burn type story involving Harry Styles and his fictional best-friend, Ivy. Ivy's a travel-journalist who is just beginning to realize her feelings for Harry while he is a little slower at realizing his own growing feelings for her. This is not a good synopsis but it entails a pretty much realistic (non-AU, at least) Harry figuring out how to love someone who knows him as more than Harry Styles. And it will be much longer than CA, I believe (at least right now it seems that way!) Along with my narrative and POV style writing, I'm also using Harry and Ivy's weekly/semi-weekly emails (and texts) to each other to help tell their story, so it will have a bit of a digital twist on it. If you think you'd be interested in reading it - please vote on this part and leave a comment. I'd love to write it just for myself, but I know I'm much more likely to stick to it with some motivation from you all. 

**UPDATE** Here's the synopsis:

Ivy and Harry. Best friends since they were teenagers. And both now trying to navigate family, careers, mental-health, and relationships in this new adult phase of life. Harry's solo-career is only just starting to blossom, Ivy's finally establishing herself as a travel-journalist. They never seem to be in the same city at the same time, but they're constantly connected via text messages, emails, and phone calls. A story about modern love, friendship, acceptance, and kindness. A slow burn set in many different cities. 

Anyways, I am wishing you all health and happiness and safety in this time for you and your loved ones. If you've had a birthday or graduation or other big life event during this time... CONGRATS/HAPPY BIRTHDAY/CHEERS TO YOU! I promise there will be lots of celebrations for all of us and our accomplishments after this passes - and it will pass. 

Missed ya, still love you all to bits,

Madi x