Q & A Time!

Sorry this isn't a chapter, but I think you guys might be interested in some of the answers! I might even give you a little *sneak* at  what's to come in CA. Thanks for reading!

Stay tuned for my Wattpad suggestions at the end! 

Reader Questions:

From BritishIrish: How did you stumble upon the idea for CA? 

I've always loved stories about the girl-next-door, awkward, uncoordinated (me) type falling in love with a man way out of her league. And I also love how these unloving, stony men transform into crack-romantics around these really unsophisticated girls. I liked the idea of 'Fifty Shades of Grey' but I didn't like controlling, misogynistic ideology that the story was laced with. I didn't really like any of it except for the possibility of this powerful man loving a really ordinary, non-sexy girl. In a lot of these CEO-falls-for-the-plain-girl story, I always find that the girl in the story is on the outside and really has no knowledge of the business world. I wanted to write a character who had business knowledge and sort've knew how the company worked and was an asset not only because of her charm and beauty, but also because of her knowledge. kinz23 and I came up with a very rough draft of the story and I sent her the first chapter, which was really different. Niall and Elouise were on a "best friend" relationship and he was a lot softer. But then I've also always liked the "fake relationship" dynamic of a story and I just decided to play with that idea instead. Then I wrote the preface and the first chapter and the rest is (unfinished) history. 

From mnimbisits:

1. How is Elouise, if at all, a reflection of you? Both have similar interests/ideas, etc? 

Elouise is the person I want to be. Her actions and her views on life are basically my own, except she is more "focused" on them. Elouise is a lot stronger than I am, especially when it comes to love. The importance of Elouise telling Niall no in the last chapter was basically a lesson that I needed to give myself. Both Elouise and I want a passionate, all consuming love, but we're both a bit naive about it. Elouise believed for a while that she didn't need Niall to reciprocate the feelings she was having, that eventually he would just fall in love with her; and I still believe that I'm going to be sitting somewhere someday when my soulmate walks up to me and asks me out on a date. But it's not like that, you know? It's much more complicated, which is why Niall cheats and can't tell her he loves her. We're both really close to our families and have very loving, supportive best friends. Elouise's life in New York is really my "dream" life (if you will). And we both ADORE the Great Gatsby.

2. Where did your inspiration for each chapter come from? Real people or other books, etc.?

Inspiration for each chapter comes from a song I find that typically fits where I want the story to go. The songs I post with each chapter are usually the most influential in where that chapter is going to go, but I often draw inspiration from TV/movies/other Wattpad novellas. I really like the way Meredith from Gray's Anatomy handled her relationship with Derek (*sobs*) at the beginning and also wanted Elouise to handle Niall a similar way at some point. Also, when I ask you guys what you think should happen, that really influences how the story goes because you all have a perspective I don't have and can sometimes suggest possible directions for the chapter that I wouldn't have thought of. The whole reason Elouise and Niall got to meet again at Calinda's wedding was because I was having writer's block and BritishIrish had the brilliant idea of using the wedding to create a location for them to come together once more.