♕introduction♕

HWANG HYUNJIN had everything a person ever needed in life. Freakishly good looks, loving parents, a luxurious lifestyle, academic prowess, great friends, and an even greater girlfriend.

Therefore when the news of what happened to Hyunjin that night was blasted on the school speakers for the world to hear, to say people were shocked was an understatement.

Why would someone like Hwang Hyunjin do that to himself?

Maybe it was because he wasn't the Hwang Hyunjin people thought he was. The facade of perfectness the boy built was slowly tearing away, and that night had been the final straw to the slowly cracking mirror that was his life. In a matter of seconds, every single thing he built up came crashing down, trapping him underneath the rubble, leaving him hopelessly suffocating in what used to be.

Hwang Hyunjin had everything. Or so everyone thought.

LEE TAEYONG didn't have anything. You could say he had money, a loving family, a future, but to Taeyong, none of that mattered when he never had happiness.

He only had Hyunjin. Poor sweet Hyunjin, the light of his life. But Hyunjin was gone now, and he had no one left.

What had he ever done to deserve this life? He had just wanted to be loved, yet all he could find was hate. Hate for him, hate for Hyunjin, hate for the things they couldn't control. It wasn't his fault, it was society's fault for making everything so fucked up.

He never voiced his anger, he kept it bottled up until he would explode with rage, trying so hard not to become the person everyone thought he was. To everyone else, he was seen as the aloof and cold friend of Hyunjin. But that wasn't who he was.

Hyunjin saw Taeyong for who he truly was, a kind thoughtful person who wouldn't dare hurt a fly, so why was it so hard for everyone else to see the real him?

In this cursed fairy tale world people thought they lived in, only the hero's got a happy ending.

But Taeyong was no hero. He was just a kid in need of some love in a cruel wretched world that refused to show him some.

KIM JENNIE wasn't a bad person. That's what she told herself every morning, as she stared herself down in the large vanity mirror of her house-sized room picking out every flaw on her pretty porcelain face, tearing herself down piece by piece and rebuilding herself up even stronger.

She told herself, that in life it was necessary to step over other people to achieve greater success, that all her actions were reasonable. She deserved everything, and she would get it by whatever means it took.

She was rude, uncaring, spoiled, and a cheater. But she wasn't a bad person. She had her reasons, they all did.

Kim Jennie wasn't a bad person. She was a girl who knew nothing more in life than to step over others to get what she deserved.

She deserved everything, and by any means necessary she would have it.

KIM TAEHYUNG was a thief. He stole people's hearts left and right, he stole their innocence, their dignity, whatever he liked about them he would steal. Even if what he wanted to steal was power.

You wouldn't even realize you were falling under his spell until it was all too late and you were nothing but a shell of your past self, left to the wolves, stripped of all your armour and pride with nothing but a broken heart to defend yourself.

"Live life at its fullest" was the motto he stuck by. And to that, he certainly complied.

He liked to watch others crumble beneath him, to make them feel the pain he felt. To make them understand.

On most nights you would find him in clubs. Drowning his sorrows away with whatever substance he found, hands roaming over the poor person he had chosen for his game that night, lips against lips, bodies clashing together in anything but romance, hungry and eager to ruin another helpless soul for his own satisfaction.

Kim Taehyung was a thief. He stole what this world had taken away from him.

SONG YUQI admitted she wasn't the smartest cookie in the jar, but she worked hard. She worked harder than anyone else, always cramming her brain with useless information day and night, passing out on her work table, which she could at this point call her bed by how often she slept there.

She wasn't stupid(or at least that's what she thought). She was just naive. She was gullible and all too easy to manipulate. She was in many ways an easy victim to this world's wicked ways, so innocent, so beautiful, and sadly so very dumb.

In her eyes, there were no villains. There was no big bad wolf coming to tear down her walls. That was her first mistake. To believe everyone had a smidge of good in them.

She was all too eager to please, to prove her worth, that she hadn't even realized what was truly happening. She was stripped of the innocence she held so proudly, yet she never stopped trusting.

Her stupidity, in the end, was what led to her downfall.

NAM DOHYON could practically be an Angel. With his pure face and innocent demeanour, no one would ever expect him capable of doing any wrongs. He was shy, flustered easily, naive yet he proudly stood for what he believed was right.

If someone were to tell you Nam Dohyon wasn't the faultless angel he was made out to be, they would scoff at your face and tell you to stop spreading such blasphemy.

Nam Dohyon fooled others with his supposed innocence, underneath his puffed-up cheeks and eyes that gleamed joy, was such a vile human being it was impossible to believe.

He was a vile, wicked, and shockingly evil bastard.

With no concept of emotion and a heart made purely from the suffering of others, he was the living proof for a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Nam Dohyon might've been a downright god to the public's eye, but truly he was the worst of them all.

With the facade of an angel, he really did have the heart of a demon.

HWANG YEJI would forever remain in the shadow of her dear twin brother. Her achievements would never be enough to gain even a smidge of the spotlight, for Hyunjin's seemed to always take away any light cast her way, leaving her alone in the darkness with unforsaken thoughts.

She was a jealous monster, it was a surprise she hadn't turned green From all the envy she held against her own brother.

She knew it wasn't his fault. She knew it was wrong to blame him.

To their peers, to their friends, hell even to their parents, only the perfect prince Hwang Hyunjin existed.

Yeji?

She was nothing more than an accident, a second piece that came along with no planning.

Crashing into her parent's life with no warning, ruining every plan they had built up.

they didn't want another child, Her eldest sister and Hyunjin were enough.

Hwang Yeji spent too much time in the darkness, too much so to the point where it became a part of her.

And if only her brother had just let her for once have even the slightest bit of light by moving out of the spotlight, things would've ended off so differently.