|Chapter 23: Unescapeable|

~~Maruki's pov~~

I saw an old painting that Rumi had painted in some of my paper work.

"My my, how'd this get in here?" I questioned as I looked at the painting. It was a beautiful garden.

"Rumi was always such a talented woman... She said this painting was bad and even said she was bad at painting but I find that hard to believe." I laughed a little to myself.

My eyes widened as I stared at the painting.

"And here I am... Thinking about the past again." I laughed a little again.

I dropped the painting on accident.

"Oh no...! Rumi's painting...!" I picked it up from the ground and noticed writing behind the painting.

"When did she write this...? I never saw this before... Was this always there?" I read the writing behind the painting.

"Dear Takuto, it's me, Rumi. I painted this while thinking about you, can you believe it? Whenever I think about you I can't help but smile, you bring a smile to my day and life. I feel like whenever you're around me my worries disappear. Takuto, I hope you're reading this, I hate you."
-Rumi.

"H-Huh...?!" I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Instead of seeing the words "I hate you" I saw "I love you".

"What in the...? Am I seeing things...? Huh, I didn't expect that to happen." I took a good look at the writing again and felt my heart race.

"Rumi... I... I'm sorry... I know I've apologized a lot of times already but it was for the best. I didn't want to see you suffer anymore. I'm sorry I really do mean it, I would apologize as many times to you until you forgive me for what i did to your memories." I sighed.

I looked up the ceiling, feeling upset and frustrated again.

"No... I can't. Not again, I can't fall into this deep depression. Rumi wouldn't have wanted it. Neither would I. I have to get my mind off things." I changed clothes and headed for Inokashira park.

"This place never fails to make me smile, the scenery and how beautiful it looks here. It makes me want to stay here with someone precious to me." I sighed in relief.

I took a walk around looking at couples on boats.

"Huh... They look happy." I smiled.

I then bumped into that little girl from last time where I helped out with Y/N.

"Hey Mr! It's you!" She smiled.

"Ah why if isn't you, how are you doing today?" I smiled.

"Good good! My mommy and I are walking around together! She should catch up soon..!" The girl laughed.

"Running ahead of your mother? What did I tell you about getting separated from her? Stay close to her or otherwise you'll get lost again!" I laughed.

"Hey Mr! Where's your girlfriend?!" The girl asked.

"Girlfriend..? Huh?" I asked in confusion.

"The girl who was with you on that day I got lost! Your girlfriend!" The girl teased.

"Her...?! Oh um...!" I looked away, my face turned a bit pink.

"About that... She's not my girlfriend." I laughed nervously.

"Really..?! She seemed sweet! You two make a good couple!" The girl laughed.

"No no...! Don't say such things now..." I nodded in disagreement.

"Sweetie...!" I heard her mother call out.

The girl hugged her mother tightly.

"Mommy look! It's the man from the other time!" The girl pointed at you.

"Oh! It's you! Thank you once again, my daughter has grown fond of you. She keeps mentioning that doctor looking man all the time." The woman laughed.

"Really now? That's hilarious." I smiled.

"Katarina! Wait for me..!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

From a distance I recognized that red short haired woman running towards the two of us.

"I'm sorry, I have to go now." I lied just to get away.

"Wait...!" The woman grabbed my arm.

"Hey Rumi, this was the man I was talking about! The one who found my daughter!" The woman talked to Rumi.

Rumi faced me with a smile on her face.

"Thanks for doing that sir! You're a kind one." Rumi smiled.

I stared at Rumi, shaking a little bit as she was in front of me.

"Ah no, it was no big deal." I faked a smiled.

"You look familiar, have we met before?" Rumi asked.

"No, I don't think so... Anyways I have to go, my son is calling me." I lied.

I began to walk away quickly from them so that they wouldn't keep me there with them. I ended up going home feeling upset about today's encounter

"It seems I can't escape you... You're everywhere Rumi..." I sighed.

Will there not be such happiness for even me? Sometimes I feel like I'm too kind..

I then began to think of the times I spent with Y/N. We've both had fun times in which the both of us were happy. Yes I said both of us, for once hanging out with someone made me happy. I spent the rest of my days being upset about Rumi but ever since I met Y/N it's like something different had happened.

"Y/N... If I were to thank you enough of how you had changed me as well in a way I would do so." I smiled.

Maybe when I meet Y/N tomorrow I might tell her about Rumi. I don't want to hide secrets and I'm sure she doesn't want me to. She's my friend after all but...

I felt my heart race a little. How would she react... most importantly how would she feel?

This time I'm not probably going to invite her somewhere else instead of Inokashira. There's no way I'd want to run into Rumi again after today. A restaurant would sound nice, the both of us could enjoy and use time to spend there. We haven't been at a place to eat so maybe it's about time I invited her somewhere to eat.