C H A P T E R S I X T E E N (2/2)

Start from the beginning

"Itadakimasu!"

They began to dig into their dinner, enjoying the tasty barbeque that their mother made. At the same time, both Amane and Tsukasa moaned with delight when the taste of the barbeque hit their taste buds.

"So, both of you are starting school next week," Their father brought up, a smile on his face, "Are the two of you ready to meet new friends?"

Tsukasa smiled, "Yes!"

Amand began to fiddle with his training chopsticks, "Y—Yes..."

"Both of you are going to be in separate classrooms this year, so you must behave, okay?" Their mother told them.

"Yes," Both replied.

Their parents smiled as they watched the twins continue to eat and make cute faces when enjoying the food. The two both looked at each other with a smile, wondering how they were able to bring life to two beautiful babies.

°    °    °

Amane always hated the first days of school. It was the only time where he had to introduce himself to everyone once again. He wasn't going to lie, between him and Tsukasa, he was the introvert here. In any environment, Tsukasa could easily adapt in and make friends, while he, on the other hand, would rather sit quietly and wait for people to come to him.

What made it worse, he was a transfer student.

God knows how many people would go after his shy butt.

Now, he was just outside the classroom, waiting for the teacher to welcome him into the classroom. His heart was beating out of his chest, anxiety getting the best of him. He was thinking of running away and bailing out but remembered how scary his parents can get. When the teacher finally called him in, Amane flinched and slowly started to walk inside the classroom. He peaked in to see a bunch of curious faces watching him, making him even more nervous.

He stood on the stage, and with a nervous voice, exclaimed:

"I-I'm Yugi Amane, aged 5. I like homemade donuts and pretty fingers, pleased to meet you!"

In his opinion, that 'finger' part was definitely unnecessary and the worst thing he could've possibly said.

"Very good, Yugi-chan. You may take a seat in the window behind Yashiro-chan. Yashiro-chan, please raise your hand."

A girl with a multi-colored bob cut at the tips of her hair rose her hand. She had a really bubbly aura and a beautiful smile that captivated Amane. Her beautiful ruby eyes that showed her innocence and her emotions. But that wasn't the best part.

Her fingers were slender and beautiful.

Amane's heart began to race as he passed by Yashiro. Thankfully, they were able to start the lesson before she could even turn back and introduce herself. However, as soon as the bell rang for recess, she immediately turned back.

Amane stood after a long two hours of drawing and learning to stretch and look out into the window when suddenly, the pretty girl with beautiful fingers turned her back to face him.

"Hey there, my name's Yashiro Nene. Would you like to be friends, Yugi-kun?"

Amane felt really shy at the presence of such a pretty girl. He looked at her scared and silently walked away, a blush creeping to his face. She was too pretty for her to even talk to him.

She didn't give up, though. There countless other times that she tried to make him talk to her. Amane knew it was rude, but he couldn't make himself face her calmly when he was so shy around her.