"Well, we better get going. Jin's gonna go crazy if we don't record his show and those protesters are blocking the road so we'll have to take the long way home."

Taehyung whined. "Ugh, I forgot about that." His stomach growled fairly loudly and his face turned red once again in embarrassment.

"Sorry baby, we'll make your stomach happy once we get home, okay?" She patted Taehyung on the back, before turning back to Jeongukk.

"You'll be okay?" She questioned as the boy nodded.

"Yeah, I should actually start heading to the bus stop. It's arriving in a few minutes." Jeongukk glanced down at his watch.

"Sorry we couldn't take you home today because of those stupid protestors."

"Ah—don't worry about it. I was planning on picking up dinner on the walk home from the bus stop anyway."

"Oh, Alright." She smiled. "See you tomorrow." She pinched Jeongukks cheek, before walking to her side of the car. "Taehyung, say goodbye."

"Bye, Jeongukkie." He said, pulling the brunette into a hug. Jeongukk grinned, his cheek pressed into the blondes soft hair. "Bye, glitter boy."

He didn't miss the loud slap that was placed on the middle of his back.

Jeongukk was leaning on the bus stop pole a few minutes later. He placed a hand over his mouth in attempt to mask his yawn. He could see protesters on the opposite side of the street and was slightly annoyed that he would be getting hone later than usual. He unlocked his phone, checking if his dad had answered his text message.

He shouldn't have been surprised when there was no response and quickly exited out of the messaging application. He sighed and clicked on the Instagram logo, when he heard a faint sound, almost like a mix between a crack and a pop. Then, came what sounded like people's screams. It was difficult to hear with the shouts of protest. He wasn't sure where it was coming from exactly, but no one around him seemed to notice.

He went back to his phone, before it happened again. This time he could've sworn it was coming from the school. By that time, his bus was pulling up at the bus stop and everyone was getting off and on. The next bus wouldn't show for an hour or so, but then the sound came again and he couldn't ignore it. He sighed, pulling both backpack straps over his shoulders.

He ran back to the school, passing the baseball field. He had to make sure that his instincts weren't right. When he finally got to the main entrance his breath hitched.

There were a few people on the floor, all covered in a thick layer of their own blood.

Jeongukk slightly stumbled as a rush of track and field members came running past him. Everyone was screaming and rushing out of the school and off the field. People surrounded the wounded ones.

By then things began to click into place, and he quickly ran back to where Taehyung and his mom had parked. He had to make sure that they had left.

But before he could reach he was being tugged by the arm, he looked back to see that it was one of his football teammates. "Jeongukk, you need to come."