Never be the Same

Magsimula sa umpisa

Shuhua once mentioned during their first week as friends that her whole family studied Korean as well even before they came to Korea. The younger girl also mentioned she knows a few words here and there but cannot form a sentence enough to voice out her thoughts.

"I hope it's all good things, ma'am." she said shyly and the younger girl's parents chuckled at that.

"of course, all she's been saying is how beautiful, kind, sweet and intelligent person you are." Shuhua's dad said that made Soojin bow her head out of shyness.

"thank you for being our daughter's friend Soojin, she's happier these days since she met you." she then heard Shuhua's mom say.

"it's my pleasure of knowing her ma'am." she says back with a smile as she glances at Shuhua who's smiling at her as well.

After that, their conversation continued on as the dinner passes.

End of flashback

Soon after as well, it was her turn to invite Shuhua for dinner and sleepover in her place.

Her family immediately fell for Shuhua's charms.

Flashback

"you must be Yeh Shuhua." her dad greeted Shuhua as soon as the younger girl showed up in their front door.

"yes sir, good evening." Shuhua said.

Soojin came running from her room the very moment she registered Shuhua's voice from downstairs.

"Shu!" she yelled earning her dad and Shuhua's attention.

"Jinjin." Shuhua calls back with a smile.

Her dad let Shuhua in and they went straight to eat dinner.

"Shuhua, I would like to thank you for making Soojin smile." she suddenly heard her mom say, making her feel shy.

"what do you mean, ma'am?" Shuhua asks.

"our Soosoo here is too shy to even approach others, so her friends were the one to always approach her first..but then, we were shocked when we found out she made a new friend." Soojin's mom explained.

"mom." she called out to stop her mom from exposing her.

"she was so happy when she told us about you..and every day she comes home with that same smile and aura she had when she first talked to you." now it's her dad's turn to expose her.

She felt Shuhua hold her hand under the table, so she looked up but Shuhua's eyes were on her parents.

"I became happier since she came into my life ma'am, sir..I should be the one to thank you for raising a good daughter as her." she heard Shuhua say and she then turned to her parents and saw how happy they got because of those words.

She knew Shuhua meant those words, the younger girl always tells her that all the time.

End of flashback

Then later on, they officially became best friends. But as the years pass by, Shuhua became more vocal about her affection towards her while she became even more shy or rather cold towards the younger girl. But everyone in their school knows how much she cares for the girl despite acting differently.

Their friends whom they met 4 years after they did knows about Shuhua crushing on her while she just shrugs it away.

But deep inside, she feels jealous whenever their new friend named Song Yuqi approaches Shuhua.