Ever since the school festival, she hadn't been able to get those multiple colors back. She tried meditating and going into second form, but nothing worked. She couldn't even go back to the Energy State no matter how hard she tried.

She had spent most of the day outside in the courtyard, so when night came, Bakugo had to fetch her to come inside, yelling at her, "Hey idiot, the guests are here!"

"Coming!" She jumped up and ran inside after him.

The Pussycats, and Kota, then came inside to talk to the class, greeting them with their signature call. (Y/n) pulled her (h/c) hair out the messy bun it was in, letting some of the smaller pieces fall onto her face as the class went over to them.

"Sorry I couldn't protect you two to the end back then." Tiger turned to the two after giving Ashido and Hagakure the food they brought for the class.

"Don't keep digging up the past." Bakugo looked away, (Y/n) leaning her arm against him.

"We're okay now," she reassured Tiger, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

After they left, (Y/n) sighed and went back outside. Iida stopped her before she went out. "It's getting late and colder, (L/n). Are you sure you want to go back outside?"

"Would you rather me practice my quirk in here?" she asked pulling out her gloves from her pockets and putting them on.

"Fair point, just remember to come back inside before it gets too late." Iida moved aside, letting her out.

"Will do."

Because her palm wounds kept opening up, (Y/n) started to keep her gloves on hand so she could practice without a massive amount of backlash. As she sat down, her legs crossed in a meditative position, she thought about the festival and what she was feeling in that moment.

"Relax..." she muttered, unclenching her fists and letting go.

A thought then ran past her mind, she was relaxing into the music. Listening to it and getting chills, that was when Todoroki pointed out the multiple colors she was emitting. She then decided that if she wanted to release this new power, then she'd have to do something she wasn't thrilled about.

Letting go.

Letting go of all the mental blocks and restrictions. All the times she was scared of hurting someone or something. Ignoring the pain and scars she had from all the fights she had been in and the things she had been though. Thinking about how Bakugo had let down his pride to allow her to protect him in dangerous situations.

(Y/n) opened her eyes, taking a look at her hands. Instead of a normal blue glow she had when using her powers, even a navy blue glow from the moonlight, it was a beautiful mixture of blue and green.

"Yes!" she exclaimed as she stood up, admiring the beauty she held in her hands. "Is this what Riki meant by 'making it my own'?"

"Who's Riki?"

(Y/n) froze, slowly looking up from her hands to see Bakugo there--who had come outside to bring her in for the night. He looked down at her hands, watching as the glow faded away.

"Dammit!" she grunted as she realized she lost it. "I had it!"

"Had what? What are you talking about?" Bakugo walked out, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "(Y/n), are you okay?"

"I was... making my quirk my own." She slumped back onto the ground, feeling defeated from her small success and sudden failure.

"What are you...?" He went and stood in front of her. "What's been going on with you?"

That night, (Y/n) finally told him everything. Starting from the Energy State to Riki to the colorful glowing he had witnessed. The weight she had been carrying for so long had been lifted, and it was time to let him help her reach her full potential.

"So, you met this dude who had your power in the past, and wants you to make it your own?" Bakugo asked, sitting next to her under the tree.

"Basically. Yeah." She nodded, taking off her gloves to reveal her bandaged hands. "I think when my quirk started to evolve, the scars came back and reopened, like when I got a lot of bloody noses before gaining my second form."

"What are you gonna do about it now?"

She thought for a moment, taking off the bandages and looking at her palms. She said in a low tone, "I think I'm gonna start letting go."

"