『 C H A P T E R 6 : MIRACLE 』

Start from the beginning

His concern was Mikasa.

Armin could see the large amount of gas that Mikasa wasted just to stay ahead. And at the end, he always right. The Asian teen wasn't in her best mind at all.

She was trying to deal with her pain through action... The blue-hued boy inferred.

He was about to call her out, to move a bit slower, but her gear suddenly sputtered and she fell, body knocked onto the rooftop and rolled to the ground.

"Mikasa!!!" He shouted.

Armin's voice caught Ireen's attention as she looked back. When she didn't see Mikasa around and was seeing Armin straying off from the group, she knew something must had happened that involved Mikasa-needs-help operation. The red-haired scoffed and redirected her grappler to the right where she believed the Asian teen would be, and swung past buildings in her hasty search.

In her eyes worry and nervous were reflected. She had lost Eren, so she wouldn't be losing any of her best friends anymore. She promises that.

Connie slowed down when he saw the two heading off to search Mikasa. When he was within earshot with Jean, he told the boy to lead the rest to the HQ first. He meanwhile will go to get the trio before anything get worse.

Jean wanted to help but got dismissed with an excuse of them cadets need someone to lead and give command. Burdened with the responsible, Jean still accepted it and took the lead.

Connie gave a quick nod as he changed direction.

- - -

Stood on top of the Wall of Rose were the Garrison squads under Kitz Woermann's lead. They were looking at the district below which was used to housed citizens of Trost, that now had turned to some Lego land for the titans to do scavenging hunt and play around.

One of the soldiers was scanning through with a binocular. "Titans are crowding the HQ supply tower. And there are few soldiers on the run at the East heading to the tower." He spoke as he moved the binocular from his sight.

"At this rate, they won't make it, either to the HQ or to the wall. If only someone was there to guard the supply tower...." His voice trailed off and filled with grimace. A hint of hatred laced inside but the nervous-wrecked man beside him didn't get it, as his eyes darkened from guilt and cowardice.

"Are you implying it's my fault to leave the building?"

"What do you think, sir? I am just a common underling. I have no power to order backup to those cadets in the tower or those that currently in the run." His eye lids dropped slightly, keeping his monotone voice as usual.

The more casual he spoke, the more guilty the leader be.

"Then keep in your mind, soldier. Unless you were the one taking the charge, then obey." Kitz Woermann snarled.

- - -

"Mikasa!!" Armin shouted the moment he spotted Mikasa sitting on the ground, stunned.

He descended immediately, scooping her up by her waist and pulled up where both of them crashed onto the rooftop and rolled around due to the impact.

Ireen and Connie soon each skidded and halted on both of their side, checking on their conditions immediately.

"Both of you okay?" Connie asked.

Armin nodded as an answer.

Ireen huffed in relief.