CHAPTER SEVEN

"Why are you so bloody set on this Lily?" Dahlia paced around their room as Lily kept her smirk plastered on her lips

"I held back for a few weeks now, but I have been watching the way you have been interacting with him, how can I not suspect it?"

"Why do you feel the need to suspect anything? I am just helping him, Lil, why can't that just be enough without assumptions that I fancy him?"

"I've never done this before Dahlia" The Potter exasperated dramatically as she rolled on her bed," Explain to me why you never force a smile around him? Or why you stopped...well sleeping with other people—though I am glad about that" Lily muttered the last part to herself

Dahlia stopped in place and furrowed her brows. For the next few seconds, she remained in the same spot and allowed the words to sink in.

She did not fancy him. She did not—right?

Hugo was a very stubborn and straightforward person. He had moments when he blurted out his brutal honesty and sometimes it left Dahlia to even not be able to remark back with confidence.

For many people who had known his mother, Hermione—they could come to an agreement that he had her same spirit as well with having his father, Ronald's sass. The combination of their traits that he's picked up with habit was how he kept his head held high.

Dahlia had a small part of her that envied the male—the things he had strongly been known for was the things she lacked greatly.

She was not honest to herself or others.

"I don't—I can't" Dahlia finally voiced as she turned to her friend," I don't think I have the right to find that emotion for others as honest as him" She confessed with a smile that was forced upon her lips.

"Dahlia..."

"For most of my life, being titled as being unable to love—I've come to believe it. I am no better than a child. I've fooled myself into making a life that relied on the lies. It's become a natural habit for me to continue it because I don't remember a life without it"

"It's never too late to learn,"

"It's easier said than done" Dahlia argued

Lily frowned at her and huffed," Only if you continue to tell yourself that, you never know what is easy or hard without actually trying"

Dahlia's shoulders deflated in defeat," I hate you sometimes"

"It's a family trait, being stubborn" The Potter added before being trampled by a pillow to her face.

"Yeah, I know—a Weasley trait" Dahlia grumbled as she tilted her head," Now, where do I go from here?"

"Easy, admit you fan—

"Come off it" Dahlia threw her second pillow to Lily not allowing her to finish her sentence," Next time it will not be a pillow," She said dangerously narrowing her gaze.

Lily chuckled and zipped her lips while nodding.