Twelve, Grimmauld Place

Start from the beginning

"I guess we should introduce ourselves. My name is Tonks." said the woman with bubblegum-pink hair, flashing the redhead a toothy smile and shaking each others hands.

"Remus Lupin, it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"Sirius Black." said the tall man with ebony hair. Ember saw his tentativeness at first but cleared his throat to cover it. Ember's eyes widened for a second, but that didn't go unnoticed by the man. He thought that he scared her but the words she said next surprised him. "I-I'm sorry about what happened to you." Sirius looked at the girl's parents, concluding that they had told her what happened. Sirius Black saw the girl's sincerity and flashed her a smile which she returned.

"Ember!" The pretty teenage girl, who beside her youngest older brother earlier, suddenly tackled her in a hug. "Oh!"

"I'm so glad you're finally awake." Ember studied the girl's face. She has her assumption on who she was but she didn't want to embarrass herself.

"Ummm...." the ginger bit her bottom lip nervously.

"It's me, Hermione. Hermione Granger." The girl's smile never faltered and her hands were still placed on the redhead's shoulders.

Ember's eyes widened. Confirming her assumption. She was surprised by how Hermione have grown. She always thought the girl was pretty back then, and she thinks that she's even more prettier now. "Merlin's beard, Hermione? Really?" said Ember, placing her hands on her mouth. Hermione just laughed engulfing the girl in a hug again. Light chuckles and laughs were heard.

Soon enough, they were already munching away. They revelled Molly Weasley's succulent foods and scrumptious desserts. The adults chattered among themselves while the kids spewed some stories they still haven't told Ember. The ginger enjoyed everything that she has heard from her siblings and friends. But she has a question that needs to be answered.

She asked her father once, about where were Charlie and Percy. He told her they were busy at work. The solemn look on her father's face didn't go unnoticed by Ember so she decided to not ask further questions. But now, her whole family were here except for Percy. She needed to ask.

"By the way, where's Perce?" Ember asked directly to her sister who was eating beside her, but by the time the words came out of her mouth, it was like the room went silent. And it was like she had exclaimed with her soft and quiet voice. Her family suddenly became quiet. Sad. A lot of them angry. By the time her mother bursted into tears, that's when she knew that something wrong happened.

"M-Mum... What's happening?" She immediately stood in her chair, ready to comfort her mother. But she just stayed still on her spot, thinking that if she went closer, it'll get everything worse. "S-Sorry." Ember looked down in shame. How could she do that to her mother? How could she make her cry? So stupid. Percy must have done something wrong. What did Perce do?

She didn't know where she was going. Her feet just guided her to a random room upstairs. There were three beds in that room and she chose to take a seat by the nearest one. Heaving a sigh and slouching her shoulders, Ember fidgeted with her fingers. Pondering the things that had happened from the time she woke up until now. It was just so hard for her, but all she can do is accept it and try to move on. Oblivious by the thuds of footsteps approaching her location, the girl continued to look down, glum. A hand that was placed on her shoulder snapped her out of her thoughts.

Her head snapped up to be met by her twin sister, Ginny. "Hey."

"Hey." The fraternal twins sat beside each other, giving Ember solace.

"I'm sorry... I-I didn't-"

"You didn't do anything wrong, Em. You didn't know. We should've told you before."