Tutorials [ Tips & Tricks ]

Start from the beginning

Sharing is caring. You know something that might help other designers? Don't hesitate to share it with the rest in the comments! You more you give, the more you gain.

Locked and unlocked. Some chapters will be locked, and will need a specific amount of votes or followers to be unlocked. 

Accept criticism. Don't be afraid to hear others' opinions. The more you will be criticised, the more you will learn. From experience, I've got a lot of criticism in my life, and although it seemed rude at first, I've started to enjoy it now. It's a good feeling when you can finally get to a level when your most annoying critiques ultimately go out of words.

Practice is the key. The more you practice, the better you'll get. And believe me, if you're passionate about it, you'll automatically start practicing. That's the beauty of love.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

K E Y   T H I N G S   T O   R E M E M B E R

✮ Graphic designing is all about stealing. No, not like the way you're expecting. More like, not-copying. For example, in simple language:

A = A [ That's copying ]

A = a [ That's stealing ]

See what I did there? Consider the "A" as a resource or inspiration. I took the "A" and changed into "a"-- the depiction is same, but the whole aspect ( visualization ) changed. I'll make it more "graphicy" for you to comprehend:

That's the point ( ignore the fact that I turned the beautiful lady into an ugly something with a headache )

That's the point ( ignore the fact that I turned the beautiful lady into an ugly something with a headache ). Take inspiration, and create something original-- not just overlap that inspiration and get yourself busted. That's idiotic man, believe me.

✮ Visualize before creating. When I first started designing, I didn't much plan anything. And the results were quite...well, either horrible, or not up to the point. Before you comment "my random edits are usually better", let me ask you one thing: why would you choose to design that random picture without the spark of an idea of how you want it?

I mean, isn't that why many of you set up detailed forms in your shops?

✮ It's not Quality Before Quantity. It's in fact Quality and Quantity. Yep, quality matters, but does quantity on an equivalent balance. I wasted most of my effort into making something with high reso, but never really thought about the quantity when I first started designing. That's where I made the mistake.