Dill Pickle

· · ·

Years Later

· · ·

“Mrs. Grayson always has her beady little eyes on me. Everytime I walk in the room I feel her watching me. Judging me.” Blake shuffled through his locker looking for his Chemistry book so he wouldn’t be deducted points for not having it. “Like I’m stupid or some shit.”

“You never know.” Mich shoved him out of the way squatting to the bottom of the black hole. Lifting a few notebooks, several pieces of paper fell to the ground. Reaching inside trusting that his hand would come back whole Mich pulled out the lost Chem book. “Stupid is your middle name.” He slid out the awkwardly fold quiz with a D- circled in red at the top corner.

“I’m not dumb.” Blake snatched his book and the quiz back. “The guy that I copied from is an idiot.” He bawled the quiz in his fist then tossed it back into his junky locker. 

“You could have just let him copy you.” Tim chimed in leaning against the locker on the other side of Dylan who paid no attention to the conversation.

His thoughts were solely on the girl just down the hall at her own locker talking to her friend, Dylan rubbed over his bottom lip smirking at the fact that she was purposely avoiding him. Regardless of the one sided irritation Dylan found it sexy when she acted this way even though she hated that it turned him on. She wanted to be taken seriously yet would wear something extremely sexy everyday she was mad at him. Why sexually torture both parties?

It had been five whole days since they spoken. No wait, correction. It had been two days. There was a party Saturday night at Rainie’s. Dylan refused to let his girl look as good as she did, walking around the house dancing and laughing as if she didn’t know her boyfriend was there. He simply waited until she broke away from her friends to get some air then he pulled her into the closest room pinning her against the wall.

In the end they had a quickie but she didn’t forgive him and made it clear before she left giving him one last look at her pink panties before she pulled her skirt down and left him in Rainie’s parents’ room.

“Bet you fifty bucks this goes on for another week.” Tim put his hand out for Blake to shake.

Closing his locker Blake looked down the hall towards the two girls. His eyes stayed on the one wearing simple dark jeans and a black adidas shirt. Her black hair was straightened this week very much different from her normal twists that stopped at her shoulders. Now that her hair was straight the length was well past her shoulders. Despite being one of the well known kids at his high school, Blake couldn’t find enough courage to say more than two words to her.

“Nah.” He shook his head. “Give them some credit, they’ve been dating for almost two years.”

“Thanks Blake.” Dylan said without moving his eyes.

“She’ll hold a grudge for at least a month.”

Dylan flipped him the flip making his friends loud laughter gain the attention of his girlfriend and her best friend, Janelle. Pushing off the locker he moved through the crowds of students easing behind her. Nodding to Janelle he greeted her best friend in his normal friendly manner.

“Hey Nelle.”

“Hey Dylan.” She waved then smiled at her bestie. “What?”

“You’re supposed to be on my side.”

“Always. See you after class. Bye Dylan.” 

Right after she left Dylan traced the black choker enjoying how it complemented her half solid black half black and white rose jersey. Black hoop earrings to match she kept her hair in a slicked back puff at the top of her head.

“Still ignoring me, huh?” He asked.

“I have to get to class Dyl.” She stepped away to leave him when he caught her wrist.

“La’Rae.” He pulled her back until she was against the locker looking up at him with those beautiful brown eyes that watched him with both irritation and love mixed. “You still mad at me baby?” He asked tracing over the collar of her jersey knowing she was fighting within herself to still be angry.

“You’re not cute Dylan.” She complained but made no move to slap his hand away.

“You think I’m cute though.” He leaned down tracing her jawline with his nose nipping at her ear. "Don’t you baby?”

“I’m still mad at you.” She whimpered hating that she continued to fall apart every time he had his hands on her.

“Let’s pause that for a second and skip class. I miss having my lips on you.” Just then the bell rang. La’Rae jumped looking around as if she forgot that they were in the hall full of students.

“Go to class.”

“Give me a kiss first.”

“You’re going to make me late.”

“You have time. The bell just rang.”

Missing the taste of his lips she rose on her toes with the intentions of giving him a quick kiss before high tailing it to class when his hand snaked around her waist bringing them closer.

Her hands grabbed the fabric of his sleeve for support from the quick movement. Her body was on fire as his tongue pushed past her lips dominating the kiss. It felt like they were back at the party minus tugging on each other’s clothes until he was able to slip in her wetness. No, they were at school being watched by students, teachers, and the small cameras in the corners of the halls.

But she missed him

His right hand cupped the back of her neck while the other stayed on her waist keeping her where he wanted. Dylan missed this. He missed making out with his girlfriend. He missed talking to her on the phone, hell, he missed talking to her in person. The silent treatment was cute knowing that it would eventually lead to make up sex but having her in his arms where she belonged even though she was still mad at him and they would be late to class, was worth it.

“Break it up and get to class!”

Both pulling away La’Rae covered her mouth peeking around her boyfriend to whoever spoke to them while Dylan didn’t care too much. His grades were excellent anyway. “I miss you.”

“Don’t do that.” She glared at him fighting off the urge to start kissing him again.

“Don’t do what?”

“Don’t be cute! And stop telling me you miss me!”

“But I do.” He leaned down, wrapping her in his arms, placing a kiss to her forehead. Feeling her shiver he smiled to himself. “Go to class baby.”

“I’m still mad at you Dylan. That kiss doesn’t change anything.”

“I love you too La’Rae.”

. . .

A/N: Hoping this will get me back into the spirit of writing. Plus I've had several readers ask for a story for them.

- they won't be getting their own book
- this takes place their junior year of high school