[21]

LUNA WALKED OVER TO SEE Ashlyn and Big Red doing a little bit of flirting near the light system

LUNA WALKED OVER TO SEE Ashlyn and Big Red doing a little bit of flirting near the light system. She was so ready to set them up, but she wasn't sure how to do it so she simply watched them from afar with amusement.

Big Red explained his dilemma to the red head, motioning to the system in front of him. "I just don't know how to make things light up."

Ashlyn smiled as she cooly replied, "You walk into a room." The boy blushed, chuckling softly at the girl's comment.

Luna walked over once she saw the two had finished their conversation. A wide smile was still on Big Red's face. She nudged him softly in the side. "Flirting with Ashlyn again? You two need to get together already, Red."

He shook his head. "We weren't flirting, Moonie. She was just being nice, okay? She offered to help me if I couldn't figure something out." She rolled her eyes. "Now help me. Which one do we pull to make the stage light up?"

Carelessly, she pulled down a random switch which did nothing. They kept pulling on switches until a nice light appeared on the stage. They high fived each other, letting out a little cheer.

Meanwhile in a distant, quiet room, Ricky and Nini settled down to practice the rooftop scene. The boy felt that now would be a good time to try to apologize to her for what he said at the party the other night.

"Look about what I said the other night at the party," Ricky started before she cut him off.

"Oh no, it's totally fine. I get it," Nini interjected.

"You do?" He questioned, confused.

She snarkily commented back, "Yeah. I mean I tried to be nice, you acted like a punk, what is there to discuss?"

He frustratedly sighed, setting down his script as she began to play random notes on the piano. "Oh, I was acting like a punk?!" he began. After a moment, he added, "You nearly ended my relationship with Luna that night for no reason! You're lucky that me and her are good after you insinuated that I would never be able to say the L word to her."

Nini didn't look at him, just continuing to hit random notes on the piano, silently relieved that she didn't mess things up for them. She brushed off his reply. "Good for you guys, Ricky. Glad you got that out of your system. Now can we please go onto page 53?" She changed the topic so they could get down to business with what they needed to so they could be finished quicker.

Back down on the main theater stage, Miss Jenn was confident this place could work for their show as long as they could get the sound and lighting down.

"I need bodies for the rooftop scene," Miss Jenn called out. EJ immediately jumped up and volunteered to do Troy. No one had spoken up to play Gabriella, so the teacher's eyes scanned the area around her. She noticed Luna wasn't doing anything at the present moment, making her a perfect candidate to stand in for Gabriella. "Luna, come here sweetie. You will be our Gabriella."