Awakened Warrior

Ruth came into her bedroom Logan following behind her. His eyes were red rimmed which told me he had been crying which I figured must be because his roommate had been kidnapped. I watched him from where I sat silently on the bed. He looked at me with his deep chocolate eyes and then in a swift movement he was racing toward me his arms stretched out wide tears falling down his cheeks. He sunk his face into my chest his arms wrapping around my waist. I let my arms wrap around him stroking his back in a nuturing manner. My eyes floated up to Ruth who stood silently her arms folded across her chest. Footsteps at the doorway drew my attention Tegan stood a paper rolled up in her hand looking over at me and then down at Logan cradled in my arms. Ruth walked toward Tegan giving me one last look then took Tegan by the elbow and guided her out of the room. I was interested to know what was going on but right now Logan needed me, so I would have to wait. 

I whispered gently my lips pressed against the top of his head, “Everything’s going to be ok. We’re going to get him back here safely in no time...” I could scarcely believe what I was telling him. He shook his head at my words mumbling something through a sob. I squeezed him tighter to myself, “You have to trust me. I’ll get him back...I promise...” His body slowly began to relax in my hold his breathing became less harsh. His arms relaxed their hold on me and I knew that he was done crying. I relaxed my arms and pulled him away from my body so I could look at him. His eyes were wide and glossly from his tears, his cheeks wet and his lips swollen. I felt a terrible ache in my chest when I looked down at him but kept my feelings to myself and covered them with a tender smile. He began to shake his head at me he looked about ready to cry again but he held himself together, “This isn’t going to end well...” I stared down at him, a lump rising in my throat. 

“Why do you say that?” I asked him gently. He looked away from me to his feet, “Because I know...” I continued to watch him, unsure what he was talking about, “What are you talking about?” I pushed with a more commanding tone. Logan looked up at me looking much older then he ever had before, “I haven’t been completely honest...” he spoke softly. My face tightening in a serious expression, “I don’t understand...” His eyes floated away from my gaze to the curtained window across the room, “The thing is I don’t have any great grandparents. I made those figures myself out of dreams that I had. They are symbols of people and events that are still yet to happen or have already happened...” His gaze came back to me, “When I saw you standing in my room, I was stunned not because you were a human but because I had seen you in my dreams...You are the girl standing next to the dragon...that’s how I know this isn’t going to end well...” I sat silently on the bed, unsure what to do. 

“How does it end? In your dream?” I asked softly, my eyes downcast. I heard the sound of Logan’s throat constricting, then clearing, “My dreams aren’t written in stone Lucy. They are only glimpses into the future, and there are a lot of symbols that I don’t understand. There’s always a possibility that I can read it wrong...” I looked up at him, “How did it end in your dream?” I asked softly. His hand wrapped around mine giving it a squeeze before letting go, “You sacrificed yourself to the slayer to save him...” I nodded as if I had already knew this. Logan stared into my gaze with wide eyes, “but there was one part of my dream I don’t know how to interpet...” I rubbed my hands on my legs anxiously, “What part is that?” Logan stepped away shoving his hands into his pockets looking down at his feet, “There was a part after you gave yourself to the slayer...The slayer stood in a dark room two doves sat in cages that hung down from the ceiling. The slayer took one of the doves and killed it, but when the slayer reached out for the other dove it vanished...” I looked at Logan, “What is there to interpet...It’s obvious the two doves represent two people...and one of them is going to die...” I said with a hoarse voice. 

Logan pulled his hand out of his pocket and rubbed it over his curly waves, “Yes, but who do the two doves represent?” His eyes shot to mine.