Swift Redemption

Evan and I spent a lot of time talking in the small study but he had to leave to attend to his duties around campus and with the headmaster. He told me to stay in the study and wait for him but after a couple of hours in that stuffy room I was beginning to feel restless. I needed to get out and breathe. I gathered myself up off the couch and stalked over to the door. My hand hesitated at the knob but then quickly without another thought I turned it and pulled the door open. The room looked exactly the same as it had before, minus all the vampires. The room was completely empty. I felt as though I should be happy about that but for some reason the utter silence of the giant room gave me bad vibes. Something felt wrong about the silence I knew was that I had to get out of this empty room and find somebody. 

Logan. I knew where the kids room was, and I knew I would be safe with him until Evan got back. I raced through the room and up the stairs like someone was chasing me. I reached the hallway that Logan had led me down my memory reminded me which door was his. I didn’t stop until I reached the closed door. I looked down the hall in both direction no one was around but it felt like someone was watching me the hair on my arm rising. I shrugged the strange feelings down and knocked on the door. The knock echoed down the silent hall. I waited for a moment but no one came to the door. I knocked again this time with more force and waited. I heard a slight movement but again no one came to the door. I felt annoyance strain through my body. I didn’t want to anger any of the other vampires. I knocked again, “Hey, you ready for that kiss?” I said sarcastically through the closed door. I heard some more movement on the other side of the door. I listened carefully, as the movement drew closer. I looked around the hall once more, twisting my fingers around nervously. 

The sound of the door opening brought my attention back my head whipping around. My heart stopped dead in my chest, I had planned on looking down at the sweet face of Logan, but instead I was met with the blue color of a t-shirt. My eyes scanned upward, to find the beautiful face of Tristen his emerald eyes dazed and glazed. His hair lay in a beautiful mess on his head, some falling down flatly across his forehead. He stood leaning his body against the half open door as if he would fall over without the support. Even in his sleep stupor, he was a glorious sight. I couldn’t find any words to speak I just stood silently staring at him. 

“Look, come back at a more reasonable time and I’ll think about it...” He didn’t even look at me he started closing the door. I felt shocked by his statement. He must be still sleeping because there was no way he would ever say anything like that to me not after what had happened. I was lucky he hadn’t slammed the door in my face when he opened it. However, the thought of being left alone in the dark hall overrode any other feelings. I put my foot out jamming the doorway, “I need to see Logan...” my voice shook. Tristen opened the door with a dramatic swing his eyes wide with shock. He was awake now and he wasn’t happy to see me at his door. His shock was replaced by a nasty glare, “He’s not here.” he said flatly closing the door again. I kept my foot in place blocking the door from closing, “Can you tell me where he is?” I asked my voice shaking. The door swung open again Tristen looked ready to bury my alive, “He’s out on a feed with his group. He’ll be back soon I’m sure. Now would you please remove your foot from the door before I do?” 

I stared up into his face, “I’m sorry...” the words fell out of my mouth before I could even think. The moment I said them I regretted it. He didn’t want my apologies He thought I was a person who had played some cruel joke on him by getting in his head. I let my head fall in shame removing my foot from the door. I felt the rush of wind as the door slammed shut in my face. Without much reason the shame melted away and was replaced with something much more powerful, rage. He had no right to be angry with me. I mean not truly. I hadn’t lied to him. I was who I was, and he was living in denial. Suddenly and without warning I threw my fist up against the door and pounded it hard. I heard intense grumbles and the rush of feet as they padded across the floor to the door. It swung open, and he stood there looking down at me through an angry glare, “I told you he’s not here. Now go away.”