ғᴏᴜʀ

»»————-  ————-««

»»————-  ————-««

THE FIRST DAY OF THE GIRLS VERSUS BOYS TOURNAMENT HAD COME AT LAST. Mr. Schue had ruled that the "ladies first" rule would apply to the performances this year, hoping that, with some luck, they could avoid another vitamin D-type fiasco.

The girls stood outside of the choir room together in tight, all-black outfits, waiting for the band inside to start up their song. Rachel and Charlotte, eager to win this year, had pooled together all of their darkest makeup to fix each girl up prior to the performance while Mercedes and Quinn had worked to fix everyone's hair. Mercedes had announced right off the bat that it didn't matter what everyone's hair looked like, just as long as it was big and curly in classic 80s style. While the girls were all reluctant about this (including Quinn who was being instructed on what to do), Mercedes had proven to be right. Standing in the hallway in their handmade costumes, dark makeup, and wild hair, no one could take away the girls' confidence. After all, they had learned from their time in Glee club that confidence was key to having an outstanding performance that stuck in the audience's heads.

Standing second to last next to Rachel in line, Charlotte fluffed up her messy curls and quickly stomped her heeled black boot, making a clicking noise on the ground. While her mind had been swirling with thoughts of Dalton and Blaine all week, she had stubbornly collected all of them and shoved them out of her head to focus on the tournament.

The main reason as to why hers and Rachel's friendship worked and continued to last was because of their shared competitive natures. While many of the kids in Glee club found Rachel irritating and thought that she wanted everything too much, Charlotte thought that they couldn't be more wrong. Rachel, who was really Charlotte's only girl friend was proud of that fact alone. Overall, Rachel was just grateful for another girl in Glee club that understood her thinking process... at least, most of the time.

Rachel squealed, turning to Charlotte "I don't even know what to do with myself, I feel so bad!" She drummed her fingers against her microphone and smiled as she leaned up against the wall. "I never would've dreamed that I'd get any more use out of my Halloween makeup stash."

Charlotte rolled her eyes good-naturedly. Rachel's "Halloween makeup stash" consisted of eyeliner, any eyeshadow that was darker than a modest peach, and any lip product that wasn't a colorless lip balm. "Yeah, well, crazier things have happened," Charlotte replied. "Welcome to everyone else's makeup stash." She gestured grandly to her own made-up face, earning a laugh out of Rachel.

As the band's electronic beat to Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" spilled out of the choir room into the hallway, the girls readied themselves to strut in in a procession before Rachel.

"Let's go, ladies!" Quinn yelled from the front of the line over her shoulder, earning a chorus of cheers. Shortly after this, the fog machine that they had positioned in the hall was started up, clouds beginning to swirl up around them.