But Tolani being Tolani, the Bitch of all bitches, she held her head up and continued to act like the Queen she thought she was, ignoring every rumour, like always.

Elyon and Mateo had gotten closer, or maybe it was just me. I didn't know her parents take and didn't bother asking. I barely ate at the table, giving excuses. Somadina helped as well. It hurt so much seeing them so close like that.

Mateo knew what he was doing. I didn't miss the dirty looks and the smirks he kept sending my way. Elyon, well, she was basically very clueless about anything going on around her. In fact every one the group was, apart from Somadina.

It was the weekend and my family and I were all at home. It was just five in the evening and I was in my room, drawing the picture of a certain girl when Skye barged into my room.

"Skye, will you stop doing that for once?" I snapped at her but she ignored me and sat on my bed.

"We are having company for the weekend." She announced and I frowned, looking at her.

"Which company?" I asked her.

"Aunty Lyla and Uncle Kelvin travelled to calabar for a conference so Elyon and Venus are staying with us over the weekend." She squealed excitedly while a bell went off in my head instead.

PTSD!

"What?!" I snapped and Skye looked at me skeptically.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked me.

"You seem to forget that I have panic attacks every ten seconds. We hardly have guests that are not family members over for the weekend. What were mum and dad thinking?!" I snapped and Skye seemed to realize as well.

"They will be in my room throughout. Mummy will give you the sleeping pills. Nothing will happen." She tried to assure me and I groaned in frustration.

"Again, you seek to forget that the sleeping pills don't work anymore. I still have nightmares and wake up with attacks. Fuck!" I muttered.

What if She sees me like this?

Weak...

Vulnerable...

I began to hyperventilate, plopping down on my bed. Skye noticed this and came to me immediately.

"Jamal, breath. Calm down. It's going ti be okay. Just breath." She was basically pleading and I fought to find my rhythm.

"I don't want her to see me like this." I muttered, not meaning for Skye to hear.

"You don't want who to see you like what?" She asked me and I looked at her.

"Never mind. Can you get me a cup of water please?" I asked and she nodded, hurrying out of the room to get me a bottle. I fell back first to my bed, sighing.

Recipe for disaster.

****

Elyon and Venus came in few minutes after Skye left my room and she left them to hers. I didn't come out, I didn't want her to see me. I just stayed in door and kept drawing. It would soon be dinner time and knowing my mum, she would call me to do something in the kitchen.

"Jamal!" She hollered and I rolled my eyes.

What did I say?

"Yes mum." I hollered back.

"What are you still doing in your room? Come down here and help jhoor." She hollered again and I grumbled, pushing myself sluggishly off the chair.