twenty

20|THE FORCE

"Where did I leave it?" Asra questioned aloud, rummaging through her old room.

"What are you looking for?" She jumped when the familiar voice spoke from the entry if her room.

"You scared me half to death." The pale blonde clutched her heart and laughed away the fright. "When we left the last time a forgot to pack a few objects from my home planet."

"What is this?" Mando asked as he held the handle of her lightsabre, knowing full well what the weapon was.

"A relic." Asra nervously played with her fingers as she approached the snooping man. "Din?"

"What's wrong?" He placed the sabre on the bed and grabbed her hands.

"Kiss me." She looked down to hide her blushing cheeks. "This might be our last chance."

"Close your eyes." He said huskily. As she complied he removed his helmet and cupped her cheeks. Mando leaned down and captured her lips, pushing her back against the metal wall.

Her hands went to the back of his head, tugging on long locks. His metal armour pressed against her skins they deepened the kiss.

"Asra?" Cara called out, searching for the woman. Mando quickly pulled back and threw on his helmet as the brunette woman wandered into the room. "Did I interrupt anything?"

"No." The Mandalorian rushed out the room leaving the red faced woman still leaning against the wall.

"What did you need?" Asra tried to calm her flushed cheeks by packing things into her bag.

"I came to see of you were ready to go?" The older woman crossed her arms over her chest and smirked at the blonde.

"Yes, let's go." She grabbed Caras bicep and dragged her back outside with everyone else. They quickly boarded the Razor Crest and Asra sat down in the main area with the child on her lap, rocking it and singing an old lullaby while watching Cara and Mando arm wrestle.

"I got you, Mando." Cara grunted as his arm budged down slightly.

"Care to double the bet?" He offered but suddenly she let go and clutch her throat as she choked.

"Crap!" Asra swore, trying to calm the child, reassuring it Cara was a friend.

"No, no! Stop!" Mando grabbed it off her lap as her words and actions were not working. "We're friends, we're friends. Cara is my friend!"

"That is not okay!" Cara breathed in, finally getting air back into her lungs.

"Hmm, very curious." Kuiil hummed as he inspected the child.

"Curious? It almost killed me!" Cara snapped, reluctantly letting Asra check her over.

"The story you told me of the mud horn now makes more sense." The Ugnaught continued, ignoring the woman.

"What is it?"

"What it is, I don't know." Kuiil answered, glancing over at his adopted daughter. "But what it does, this I've heard rumours of."

"What? When you worked for the Empire?" Cara glared at him, still rubbing her throat.

"When I was sold to the Empire, in indentured servitude." He snapped back.

"Yet somehow, you walk free." She stood up to tower over the Ugnaught.

"I bought my freedom through the skills of my hands and the labour of three of your human lifetimes." Kuiil informed everyone of his past through anger. "Do not cast doubt upon that of what I am nor whom I shall serve."

"Just stop already." Asra used the force to make everyone back off from each other. "The child is force sensitive and so am I, we are both innocent beings who use it for good to protect and heal so leave it alone. Also, we all have shitty backgrounds, done and seen things we can only wish to forget but we all have one goal right now. Everyone needs to get past this and work together."

"Asra?" Mando tried to approach her but she pushed him back and continued walking to the control room.

"No." She sighed and climbed up the steps, happily sitting in the main chair and resting her eyes.

"Are you okay?" He eventually followed her up to the control room and spun the chair around so she was facing him.

"I hope one day I can see your face." Asra hummed, spinning back around to ignore him and nap. "You feel handsome."

"Feel?" He chuckled, making her face him and kneeled down. "Why didn't you share about your gift?"

"The same reason you don't show your face." She replied, leaning forwards. "My people used it to heal and we were destroyed for not sharing it. It has become a tradition of sorts to hide who you really are."

"I'm sorry."

"I know." Asra stretched her arms up as she stood. "I'm going to go rest on the bed, it's a lot more comfy."

"I'll wake you when we land." She kissed his helmet and moved aside to let Cara up before she left, going back to being silent.