20

TWO DAYS LATER

N O R T H

Sang had been in and out of consciousness for the last two days. She'd passed out in Mr. B's arms before he could get her to Nathan's house, and then we transferred her to his and Dr. Green's shared home.

Dr. Green suggested it. Not only would she wake up far away from the police tape that surrounded her home, but she'd also be easier for Dr. Green to access. Silas had been watching her yesterday. Apparently, she'd woken up and been crying about something she'd dreamed. She told him she was scared and then fell back asleep.

It was the most she'd done, and I couldn't help but hope something similar might happen on my shift. Dr. Green had put her hand in a cast, as her burns were irritated and with the help of a traveling x-ray kit, he determined her wrist was fractured. It angered me how long it took for us to all come together and storm the house.

Sang had to resort to fighting back, which resulted in the mother's death. Only it wasn't her true mother and Sang still didn't know. We'd run the DNA tests as quick as possible, and not that I was thinking about points and favors, but even I'd been relieved when the Kemery team insisted on taking care of half the responsibility.

I rested my folded arms against the silk sheets of the luxury bed. Dr. Green had put a bandage over her forehead and Gabriel had braided her hair in a way that exposed the scratches along her scalp so that they could receive medicine. She had bruises all over, including on her knuckles.

Nathan had taken the clip of her punching her douche bag of a father in the face and we'd watched it over and over. Nathan and Kota were already working out a routine for her to follow that included working out and training.

I wasn't sure how I felt about her needing training to defend herself. Mostly because I didn't like the idea of her needing to ever again, but with two families that belonged to the Academy...

Mr. Blackbourne had insited she take his bed. He'd been sleeping on the most uncomfortable couch I'd ever encountered to accommodate her. I wasn't quite sure why, as they had a guest room. Gabriel had also decided to temporarily move into the Green/Blackbourne residence. He slept in a makeshift bed in the hallway just outside the door.

He'd been doing anything to keep busy, but his main focus was on her health.

It was for all of us.

Without really thinking, I reached out and captured her good hand in my own. The knuckles on this one were bruised, and I rubbed my thumb across the still swollen knuckles. She'd broken that fuckers face; his nose would forever be fucked up.

I was so proud.

Her fingers twitched in my hold, and she suddenly rolled over. More movement than I'd seen out of her in the five hours so far that I'd been sitting here. I knew someone would try to take over soon.

I started talking to her softly. Telling her everything was okay, and that she was safe to wake up. It was a while before I realized that I'd been whispering to her in Greek, and that even if she were close to waking, she wouldn't have understood my words.

I was shocked when a tear spilled from my eyes, and I used my free hand to quickly smear it away. She sighed in her sleep, and I could hear someone walking down the hall. I mirrored her sigh and leaned close enough to touch. I pressed my forehead against hers lightly.

"You're safe, Sang Baby. You can wake up when you're ready, we got you. Always."

I pulled away just as someone knocked, and then a guy walked in. It took me a minute to recall his name. It had been weird, seeing her eyes and her smile walk around on the body of a dude who could probably be a worth match for any of us in sparring, even Silas or Nathan.