She rolled her eyes and looked down at the food, it smelled good, really good. Glancing up at Klaus for a moment she caved and dug in. She was sure it was far from ladylike the way she ate, she'd never eaten a meal in bed before. It wasn't proper and yet here she sat, clad in her brothers clothing, in the white sheets of a hotel with a man she'd known three days. Her father would turn in his grave. Finally the plate was done and her stomach full, she felt more exhausted now, the heavy meal surrounding her with contentment.

"Where is my brother?" she asked again, handing the bowl back into his outstretched hands, watching as he placed it on a table nearby.

"He's not far, love. Scouting ahead, he'll be back soon. He's organising some leads for us whilst we make sure you don't die quite yet." 

Charlotte ignored the last part of the sentence, nervous about what his final plans could be for her, "It's okay, I'm fine now lets go catch up with him"

"No no, wouldn't want you to pass out into my arms again quite so soon," Charlotte's brow furrowed into a frown and Klaus let out a laugh, "No thank you? Not to worry, you'll come around. Get some sleep love, we have a long drive ahead of us tomorrow."

Charlotte considered protesting, who was he to tell her what to do, but really, she was exhausted. That being said, she didn't exactly want to sleep in the same clothes she'd been wearing the past three days.

"Can you at least compel one of your little followers to get me some pyjamas?"

Klaus laughed again. He found it amusing watching her switch form abject terror, heart beating, fingers tapping as he approached, to snapping argumentatively at him. Walking to a bag in the corner he reached in, tossing over a pair of tracksuit pants and a singlet and with that he turned and left the room.

Pulling herself from the safety and warmth of the bed, Charlotte went to the only other door in the room in search of the bathroom. She locked the door tight behind her showered quickly before pulling Klaus' clothing on. She was grateful to have another shower and a change of clothes. At least she was finally getting used to the trousers, she liked the mobility and weight of them in comparison to her old dresses.

Without Damons hair brush, getting her hair neat would be trickier. She raked her fingers through, doing the best she could before pulling her hair into quick braids so they would be out of her face as she slept.

When she finally left the bathroom, she did it apprehensively. She was still waiting for Klaus to make her pay for her escape attempt. He'd said it himself he wasn't forgiving and she was waiting for the other shoe to drop and for him to retaliate.

The room was empty, Charlotte left out a stuttered breath she didn't realise she'd been holding in, relief filling her. Pouring a glass of water, she returned to the bed, grateful to be here without Klaus though the worry for her brother still tickled. 

There was a tv in front of her. She'd seen tv's before, being on the Other Side was a little like watching a tv sometimes, and she'd passed many a day in recent years watching someone watch tv. Fiddling with the remote on the table beside her she flickered through the channels until she gave up, choosing a film with two attractive leads falling in love. Tugging the blankets around her she curled up, watching as the room darkened around her and the sun set, until finally, she fell asleep.

A knocking on the door woke her and she pushed herself into a seated position, moving her legs to the floor when the door opened itself. It was Klaus, clapping his hands impatiently as he walked in, "Up and at-'em darling."

Klaus had brought a new bag when he'd come in, nodding purposefully towards it as he dumped it by the door. Charlotte nodded and rubbed her eyes before stumbling out of bed towards it, pulling the zip of the bag open.