00.10: In Bloom

Story 00.10

Today is the day.

It's the day for Mew's solo Fan Meeting in Japan. It's not the first but it is that he's alone.

Just like the usual, he had a dinner date with his boyfriend, Gulf, the night before, stayed up together until he have to go for his early flight.

Whenever he boards overseas, Gulf couldn't help it but to miss him already even if they're just apart for almost an hour.

They keep in touch. Video calls while Mew is waiting at the airport and when he got to his destination.

But today was different.

Gulf refuses to call.

Mew was worried. It's very unlikely for Gulf to reject his calls, let alone miss it. Gulf is purposely rejecting it.

"What's wrong?" Bosser asked who's sitting beside him in the plane.

He sighs, sliding his phone inside his jacket's pocket.

"Nothing" then he rests his head back

"Gulf?" Bosser asked, leaning towards Mew and nudges his side.

Mew chuckled but it was obvious that it's forced. He let his eyes wander.

"He's not accepting my calls"

"Oh, maybe he's asleep. Should I ask P'Bes?"

He shook his head, "it's fine. Maybe he's really asleep"

Both men decided to have a rest as they travel.

Mew had enough sleep for the day when they arrived safely in the airport. He was energized but his mind was still occupied by Gulf.

He snatched his phone out and there's no calls from Gulf. No, nothing. Even a message.

At that moment, he want to go back to Bangkok and talk to Gulf. It keeps him worried. It starts to irritate him how it affects him. He might got a lot of mistakes later.

"Here's your room keys" Bosser handed him his keys for his hotel room.

He accepted it and smiled at him.

They went to their respective rooms. Mew was surprised when he opened the door and there's a single flower in the bed.

He walks toward it, picking the red chrysanthemum. Looking around to see if someone had left it or what.

His eyes drops at the flower again.

"Hmm"He decided to leave it in the bedside table. Maybe someone had dropped it or the housekeeper forgot it.

There's still time before his fan meeting. So, he took a shower to prepare for later.

But when he got out, another flower is in the bed.

"A daisy?" He frowned.

There was a sudden knock in his door. Putting the flower beside the chrysanthemum, he walked towards the door and opened it.

"Ready?" It was Bosser.

He gave him a smile, "yeah. Just gonna grab my things"

The younger nodded, waiting for him, leaning at the doorframe.

They arrived at the venue in a short period of time. Walking toward the venue when Bosser taps his shoulder.

Mew looked back but was surprised when his manager was holding a single flower.

"Someone wants to give it to you" then he hands him the daffodil.

Mew was confused.

Before the event start, he had to compose himself. Forget his personal problems first and deal with it later.

Soon, he'll be back home and first thing he have to do is visit Gulf who's until now is not responding to him.

He even contacted Bester but he's not answering as well.

Gladly, the event went well. The fans were energetic and lively. It took his mind off away from his current situation.

He enjoyed it.

And it'll be over soon. He's at the center stage, saying his message to everyone when a song suddenly played.

Mew was confused. The song that's playing is Lego House.

Then one by one, staffs from backstage walks in the stage, standing behind him and holding one single flower. All is different from one another.

He turned around, facing them, back on the fans.

"What's this?" He asked.No one dared to answer. They're just smiling at him, presenting the flower in hand.

Then he heard a voice. A very familiar voice.

"I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now"

Facing back the fans who's now waving their phones in the air with their flashlights open just like an ocean, there's a man in the center walking toward him.

"What's this?" He asked once again but this time, he's smiling from ear to ear.

Confused but happy.

"Hi" Gulf greeted him, giggling after when he's finally standing face to face with Mew.

"Flowers for you" then he handed him a single red rose.

He accepted it, still speechless at the sudden appearance of his boyfriend.

Gulf talks in the mic.

"I know you're angry coz I'm not answering and keeps on rejecting your calls but it's because I have something on my sleeves" he places his arm on Mew's shoulder. "Don't sulk na, phi"

Mew stares at him, tears verge to fall.

"Also, I've learned about flower language. There's a lot of them symbolizing love so I got them all for you instead"

Gulf's smile widen. "And I'm the biggest and most pretty flower of them all"

The fans screamed in chorus and Mew laughed. His hands found it's place in his waist.

"So, now I'm giving you that. I'm giving me to you" another cheer from the crowd echoes throughout the room.

Gulf stepped back, looks at the fans who's now raising a huge letters. Mew followed his gaze.

The letter says:
Will you marry me?

Mew couldn't believe what he was seeing. His eyes goes back to the man in front of him.

Gulf kneeled down, holding a box in hand. Opening it and revealing a simple yet elegant golden ring.

"I- Nong.." his tears falls. Gasping and still speechless.

"Khun Phi, p'Mew, Boo, bro, colleague, close friend, panda, pho, daddy" Gulf said, chuckling. "Whatever it is.."

He heaved a deep sigh.

"Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat, will you marry me?"

If winning in a Miss Universe is an overstatement epitome of what Mew is feeling now, he don't care coz that's exactly what he is feeling now.

"Nong, Gulf-" a sob rolled out of his mouth. "I do, yes!"

The crowd cheered once again, louder this time.

Gulf inserted the ring in his finger, standing up and giving the love of his life a tight hug.

"I love you, p'Mew!" He said happily.

"I love you too!"

The younger pulled away a little. "I want us to be like flowers, we'll keep blooming together. I want to see us both in bloom"

~•~

XX