An angry, jaw clenched Adriel I was used to. Not one who was so beyond pissed that he was smiling. He had seen what I was wearing too, and that smile fell slightly—just slightly, before he rolled his eyes. "Nice look, Larkin. Have a good night." The icy edge to his tone made my back stiffen, but I kept my mouth shut as I walked out the door. I didn't turn back to look at him either.

       Point 1 for Lark.

       I had enough adventure for one night though. "Alright, Si. I'll help you find him first." We spent about ten minutes hunting through the massive, sweaty crowd.

       I never saw Luke again, though I wasn't sure if that was a good thing. I almost wished we hadn't found River when we finally did. The guy was pressed against the back wall of the party and basically sucking the tongue out of that rando' from earlier. Well, at least one of us was getting some.

       "Are you sure you're alright?" I asked Siena as she took up camp at the kitchen counter, right next to her best friend and the guy whose face he was practically eating. She nodded, those gray eyes focusing slightly more than before.

       "Yeah, I'm good. You alright to walk home?"

       "Always am." I shot her a thumbs-up, and a quick goodbye before heading back through the crowd. I would just text them in the morning to make sure they got home okay. And I'm sure the 'king of one-night-stands' is going to want to talk all about his little adventure.

       I wasn't sure if it was the mistaken red-eyed scare, or maybe just the lack of alcohol for the past hour and the hot, sticky air, but my mind seemed to be sobering up. I shoved through the crowd, the front door my only objective in mind. I got outside easily enough, although someone did reach under my skirt and grabbed my ass. I spun around and sent my fist sailing through the air in the direction of the perv. I didn't notice who I hit, but the throbbing pain in my hand I tried to shake out as I walked down the street let me know I definitely nailed someone.

       The upper classmen apartments were at the back of campus, with roads leading in every which direction. I focused on the familiar tall buildings of the school and headed in that direction. If I could get to the middle of campus, I could get home. I had my cellphone in the waist band of my skirt, but I absolutely refused to call Adriel.

       First of all, I was still beyond pissed at him, and I didn't want to deal with that smug attitude when he found out I didn't have fun at all. And secondly—well, secondly, I was terrified of what could happen to him. Just because they were in college, didn't make them smart, and I knew a handful of those people back there would be driving. All it took was one drunk driver and busted headlights to change lives forever. Maybe it was just the party-setting tying the two events together for me, but I would never endanger him like that, or anyone. Never again.

       I had been walking for a while when I realized something wasn't quite right. Those weren't the campus buildings surrounding me, it was the center of town. I paused on a dimly lit street, the only light coming from a few streetlamps hanging sparsely through the area. Town Square? I could have sworn this was campus.

       Damn it. I groaned out loud as I dragged my heavy, achy feet towards the marble cathedral in the distance. Town center was twice as far from the house as campus. I had a lot more fucking walking ahead of me. Oh well, calf muscles for days, right? Besides, the cool night air and exercise would help clear my head more.

       I had been walking the desolate sidewalk of the square, passing by closed, dark shops, when I felt an all too familiar feeling. Someone was watching me. I wrapped my arms tightly around myself, my hands gripping at my upper arms. It was the end of August, and I hadn't worn a jacket. Though, walking around in just a short skirt and crop-top didn't feel like the best idea anymore.