"Can't I just be nice to you for no reason?" I asked.

"Yeah... no not you"

I fake gasped and put my hand over my heart dramatically. "I'm offended"

"you're so dramatic," she laughed. I held her hand again.

A few seconds later we arrived at her classroom. "We're here" I announced.

"Thank you captain obvious" she said sarcastically. "Okay bye see you at lunch"

"See ya" I said before turning away and making it to my classroom with seconds to spare.
***
"Adrien?" Aria asked.

"Hmm?" I replied.

"Are you okay?"

The truth is not really. I haven't been injured since freshman year, well I haven't been injured enough to miss a game or two for that matter.

"Yeah, this is just the first game I haven't played all season." I only half lied. Inside I was depressed. I don't know if depressed is the right word but right now it feels like it is.

I won't get the rush of throwing the ball right before I get tackled. Or the excitement of screaming to High School Musical before the game. Or the sound of the crowd after I scored, or helped score, a touchdown.

I feel alone.

I know that's not the case. I have Maverick and the rest of the team behind my back awaiting my comeback. But somehow I still feel lonely.

"Adrien? Adrien?" Maverick was waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh?"

"You okay man? You spaced out for a while"

"Yeah I'm good dude" I shook off the weird feeling inside.

"The bell rang a minute ago"

"Than I better get to class" I flashed him a fake smile before grabbing my backpack and heading to my next class.
***
"Let's get this pep rally started!" Coach yelled. On cue the team ran out going crazy. I walked in with a fake smile on my face, high fiving students as we made our way to our places. "Who's coming out tonight to watch us beat these bulldogs?" The crowd went crazy. "That sounds like maybe five people. I said who's coming to watch us beat those bulldogs?" The crowd somehow got even louder. "Okay now that sounds like a whole lot of you. Who wants to see the cheerleaders?" The gym went crazy. I don't think there was a single person in the gym who was not yelling.

It honestly made my head hurt a little bit. Thankfully it didn't hurt much.

The cheerleaders were amazing. I couldn't help but notice Maverick was eyeing Allie the whole time, smiling of course. He is whipped.

Once they were done the gym burst into screams. They did a cheer and went back to their spots. Now it was time for Duke and Andy to make their speeches.

"Hey everyone," Andy said. The crowd screamed. "Today is our first game without Adrien. I've been a part of this team for two years and he has been such a role model to me, not only has he been a role model but also a friend and brother. I'm here to assure you that we're gonna fight for you Adrien and we won't let you down." The crown erupted in cheers. All the girls were in awe. Andy hugged me and I hugged him back.

Andy is only a sophomore but he's good. He has a chance to be great one day. I'm glad I can be a role model to him.

"Wow I'm not sure I can top that" Duke laughed nervously. This earned him a laugh from the crowd. "Adrien, we are sad you can't fight this one with us bro but you'll be back. We're gonna go out there tonight and pull out the W. I know all these guys have my back. I hope y'all guys can come out and watch us beat the bulldogs." The crowd Burt's into cheers. Duke has never been the emotional type. "Let's go Jaguars!" The crowd went crazy.
***
I opened the door to my truck. "Adrien?" A voice called. I knew the voice instantly.