The Circus (Discontinued)

The night was cold, and quiet. Wind howled loudly, rustling the leaves of trees in the distance. It was dark, with only the moonlight for guidance.
Four people stood in front of a tall metal gate, which loomed over them like impending doom. Two of the people were boys, the other two were girls.
"I'm not so sure about this.." Lesley murmured, clutching her camera tightly. Her hands were already clammy, but she did promise to go, so..
"Aw, don't be so scared!" Luna patted her on the shoulder, blood pounding in her ears. She was terrified, yes, but it'll be fun, right?? "I don't think we'll find anything, we're just checking anyway."
"Let's go in already! I'm tired of waiting!" Philip jumped up and down, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "It's just 5 minutes early! I can climb over the gate!"
James sighed, rubbing his temples. "No, we should wait." He walked over to Philip, tearing him off the gate. "We don't know what's in there, or who's in there."
"But—" Philip started, frowning.
"No. We must wait." James instructed, narrowing his eyes at him. "Please."
It was 11:56 pm as of now.
Philip groaned, and stopped trying to climb over.

So they waited, growing more and more worried until it was 12:00am. Then, the gates creaked open.
"Why did we have to wait anyway?" Philip asked the others as he entered first, his arms behind his head. "It's not like we die if we go in before midnight."
"We can never be too sure." Lesley replied, walking in next. "C'mon guys, we don't have all night." She says to Luna and James, as they exchanged looks.
"This is not going to be good." Luna mumbled.
"I know." James said back, as they both set foot beyond the gate, and into the circus.
As soon as all four of them were inside, the gate creaked shut behind them, making Lesley jump a little.
"Oh God." Lesley cussed herself for acting so paranoid. It's just some stupid gate closing behind her. Nothing serious.
In front of them, they could see a ticket booth, with a normal looking teenage girl. She was smoking a cigarette, which was dangling from her lip.
The tip of it was glowing bright purple. She was also staring at her phone. The girl had long dark hair and was sporting dark casual clothes. She had a name tag that had the name 'Hayley' written on it in neat, blocky handwriting.
She glanced up, then said, "Ticket, please."
"Ticket? Oh, we don't have—" Lesley was about to answer, but the girl Hayley interrupted her.

"You either buy a ticket, or you're not going to get in." Hayley inhaled some smoke from her cigarette, then blew it out in front of Lesley's face, so she threw a coughing fit.
"Hey! What gives?" Luna questioned, furious with Hayley. "That was rude of you!"
"Buy a ticket or get lost. Simple."
"Just let us get through, please." Philip pleaded, patting Lesley on the back as he said so.
"No. No ticket, no entry."
"Guys, let me handle this." Luna shoved everyone else aside, and pulled out her pepper spray. She sprayed a good load into Hayley's eyes.
Hayley let out a string of curses, as the four sprinted past her, finding themselves gaping in shock. The circus was alive, not deserted.
Fairy lights were strung around the game booths, and performers of all kinds were there. A mermaid with a bubble pipe, a person with wings, hell, there were even zombies in the mini shows.
"I'm going in one of the tents!" Philip squealed with delight, entering one of the circus tents.

"Philip-! Wait—!!" Lesley followed him, along with Luna.
"Oh God, I'm not sticking around for this.." James darted to another tent, not wanting to see what'll happen to Philip.
Once Philip was inside the tent, he was temporarily blinded by a shining light from above.
"What the—?!" Philip shielded his eyes with his arms, wincing at the light. When it subsided, he gazed up to see a gorgeous lady with wings. Too bad he's not into women, though.
"Excuse me," Philip called out, getting the lady's attention. "Why do you have wings? Are you an angel?"
The lady, whose name was Evangeline, scoffed. "I'm not an angel, I'm a Nephilim." She flew down to Philip, squinting her eyes at him suspiciously. "You're not supposed to be here, so I'll put it kindly: Get out."
"What? No!" Philip shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows. "I'm just hiding from someone."
"You're still not allowed here." Evangeline glared down at him with much disgust. He's at least 5'3 feet, and she's 6'1 feet.
Angry from her expression, Philip brought out his phone to snap a picture of her. To which, she wasn't pleased about that.
"Hey-!! Delete that picture, right now!" Evangeline growled, balling her hands into fists.
"What'll you do, crush me?" Philip joked, snickering at her reaction.