A Fire-Patton

Patton is very happy. His whole pack is in the house and safe. Roman and Dee are in the kitchen cooking, Logan is setting the table, and the rest are down stairs in the rec room. Patton is in the Living room happily singing to himself over the news Logan left on. Normally Patton would be the one cooking, but a few years ago Logan decided that twice a month two of the others would cook instead. Patton hears a curse and instinctively that they had forgotten to preheat the oven. eleven my seem like a late time to have dinner but it's perfectly normal for the pack house. Chuckling Patton turns towards the TV and freezes. an emergency broadcast cuts through the weather forecast. 

"Patton what is distressing you..." Logan enters the living room sensing Patton's change in mood.

"Lo can you turn this up?" Patton asks.

"...vening around an hour ago an orphanage in the small town of  Orbust burned to the ground..." Roman enters next."...Orbust is three hours to the west of down town..."  The rest of the pack is now in the living room. "...fire officials have yet to determine the cause of the fire but as of right now we do know that there are six survivors, ten missing and fifteen conformed dead tying for the most deadly fire in the last century."

A grope of photos shows up on the TV. Two in particular grab Patton's attention. One is an eight year old girl who has a Deaf banner on her photo. The other is of a boy only a year or two older than Patton him self. He couldn't figure out why.

"if you see any of these kids please tell the proper  authorities. On other news..."

Logan turns off the TV at that point. No one spoke for a few long moments before Patton asked a question that is bothering him.

" Did the Vamp do this?" the fallowing silence did not help.

"I believe that would be unlikely." Logan voices as he sits next to the blonde wolf.

"Why is that Logan?" Roman questioned the beta.

"Well, Vampires are the second most susceptible being to fire, second to witches of course. So in order for a vampire to use fire they would most likely have died in the fire...or at least gotten very badly burned." He answers the alpha

"Is there anything we can do to help?" The pack doctor, Emile asked.

"No, Orbust is in no mans land if we move there other packs my see it as a play on land." Patton Sadly stated.

"Logan are you sure it wasn't the Vampire?" Roman asks as he begins to pace.

"I'm not sure of anything at the moment, and as Patton stated Orbust is out of our jurisdiction  the chances are low that we will receive any more information on the matter.

There was little said over dinner and as Patton drifted off he could not get that boys face out of his head.