To Catch A Trollhunter? Part 2

Start from the beginning

"You think you'll be around, you may be Merlin's Champion, but you will FAIL!" As she called out, the words turned into screeches, Jim's hands covering his poor ears as he ran up the stairs and instantly to Claire's room. His fingers hooked onto the window, using his might to open it, as it lifted, he hadn't noticed Morgana stiff behind him, her hand waving and causing the window to fall, nearly slamming Jim's fingers in if he hadn't been too quick.

He turned to face her, his chest rising and falling rapidly. "What do you want?" He asked in a menacing tone, "Leave Claire out of this and do what you want to me." With no answer, she cascaded closer to him, her piercing gaze staring him down.

Her hand caressed his cheek, and the skin was still as soft as if Claire was touching him, even if it was Claire's hand holding his face, it was not her loving touch that followed. Instead, the fingers buried into his cheeks, a grunt escaping as she held him. His armored hand grabbed her wrist, trying to pull her grip away.

"You out of the way, for the Eternal Night to arrive and no one to stop it," she hissed.

"If you kill me, a new Trollhunter will arrive. No matter what you do, the amulet will choose until it finds someone that will end you."

She let out a sharp laugh, "I know that and that is why you will not die. Instead, you will be resting in a night of eternal sleep, the amulet with you. As long as you are alive, the amulet will not call. There will be no Trollhunter to stop me when the current one is having his beauty sleep."

Jim couldn't hide his worry, the emotion causing her great pleasure. Suddenly, her grip tightened, lifting him from the floor. She began to speak as Jim struggled, his hand gripping his sword but staring at Claire's body had stopped him from going any further. Instead, he swung his legs, aimlessly trying to kick her but as she continued to chant, his energy was draining, and quick.

"No," Jim breathed out, his eyelids growing heavy but he fought, trying to tune out her haunting lullaby. "Let go!" His words began to slur together as his legs stopped kicking, and his grip on her arm had faltered.

His eyes moved, finding a glowing yellow emitting from his skin, he could feel the emptiness as his soul left his own body. This was really happening. His mind muttered before it grew foggy and his train of thought became no more. His eyes trailed back on the beauty of a face, hoping to dream of Claire if he was forever cursed.

The last thing he saw was Claire's face twist into a successful grin. Then, everything went black.

NotEnrique, who had been hiding under Claire's bed, spectating the whole thing had shivered when Morgana lifted Jim and the amulet off the floor before fading away. Once she had disappeared, he let out a huge gasp.

"This ain't good," he muttered, his eyes drifting to Claire's discarded phone that had dropped when her bag spilled on the floor. His small hand reached out and grabbed it, instantly calling the rest of the team.

Gunmar eyed Jim's limp body, his remaining eye narrowed at Morgana who had entered Trollmarket, dragging the Trollhunter behind her, well, behind the young girl she managed to possess.

"He was supposed to be our Dark Champion," Gunmar reminded, voice dropping into a deep octave. Morgana simply ignored him as she laid Jim on his back, putting the amulet on the boy's chest, and laid his hands over it. His chest didn't move but his heart continued to beat beneath his pale skin, and the position he was in almost made it seem as if he was dead and laid in a casket, ready to be presented in a funeral.

"If I am correct, you tried that last time and failed and Draal will be freed from his hold. In search of that staff, your control will wear. Instead, I took my chance and put him in an Eternal Sleep, the amulet won't choose another if he is still alive."