Chapter 63

Bakugo's POV

Damn, I'm tired. I thought, stifling a yawn as I waited for the woman behind the counter to finish pouring my coffee. 

I had gotten a few hours of sleep before coming to the hospital but I hadn't slept since. The clock above the counter read 8:17 and I wondered if y/n was awake yet. She hadn't woke since she fell asleep in my arms last night and although I wanted to see those bright green eyes and hear that melodic voice of hers, I knew that she needed the rest. It's the reason that I had decided to take a walk when the sun began rising to stop the temptation of wanting to wake her up. The fresh air and movement had been a welcome change of pace but I couldn't deny that the lack of sleep was beginning to wear on me. Maybe I should have gone home after she fell asleep although every time that I had attempted my feet felt as though they were weighed down by an invisible force. I didn't want to leave her side.

Sighing, I paid for my coffee and began walking back in the direction of her room.

"Bakugo?" I heard an annoyingly familiar voice say.

"You've got to be kidding me," I snarled before turning around.

That Icy Hot bastard was standing there, his face expressionless as usual, although a bandage sat underneath his clear blue eye, which was a new look. He held a pastry in one hand and my eyes were immediately drawn to the thick layer of gauze wrapped around his arm.

"You're barely injured!" I spat, speeding towards him and grabbing a fistful of the light blue fabric of his hospital attire. "What in the actual fuck, Icy Hot?!"

A few people nearby stared and began whispering. Todoroki placed his hand over mine and calmly said, "You're going to get yourself kicked out. Is that what you want?"

I recoiled at his touch. "Tch. Fuck off, you worthless piece of shit. Obviously not because I'm here to take care of her, which is something you clearly couldn't do last night!"

Emphasizing that last part, I glared at him waiting to hear his pathetic excuse. 

"So that's why you're here," He said quietly, his gaze lowered. "Hard to imagine you taking care of anyone other than yourself."

"Hah?! You want to say that again, you -"

"Nothing you say can make me feel worse than I already do about last night. I should have protected her." His hand came to rest on the bandage that covered his cheek. 

His words were like gasoline being thrown on an already raging fire. "Protecting her is my job now so you can fucking forget it!"

Punch him, punch him, punch him, punch him. The thought was like a broken record and I felt my fist clenching. I glanced over and saw the terrified look of the woman behind the counter who was currently on the phone speaking in a hushed voice. Shit, she's probably calling security. I need to leave before I beat the shit out of this kid.

I abruptly turned around and continued walking in the direction I had been.

Hard to imagine me taking care of anyone but myself? What the hell does he know? He should just die already. I'll take care of her better than any of these fuckers in the hospital ever could! Just fucking watch me!

I was so consumed with my anger that it took me a moment once I walked into y/n's room to realize that she wasn't in her bed. The anger was immediately replaced with panic. I stared at the crumpled bed sheets and when I saw the crimson stains a cold sweat broke out on the back of my neck. Slamming my coffee down on a nearby table, I walked closer and saw that y'n's IV needle sat on the edge of the bed.