A sorry can not fix this

After lunch, Vidia flew to Fawn's house with all the bags, returning before we had much time to talk. We were ready to leave the confinement of Pixie Hollow to patrol the island, keeping a close eye on the Pirates.

"Do you think they'll find us?" Rosetta asks nervously as we entered the surrounding wood.

Vidia was clearly fighting not to say something mean in reply, for her hands formed two firm fists and her arms were stiff bricks, refusing to move. I knew how hard Vidia tried every day, and I found the occasional snide comment normal - we all did, but from Vidia's posture alone, one could clearly see this was more than the normal snide comment.

"Of course not, unless they're led to us." Iridessa cast a dark glance over her shoulder at me, and heat rushes into my cheeks. She really didn't need to remind me.

"No one would do that though, would they?" Silvermist asks uncertainly.

I freeze at these words and look at Fawn who seems to understand. She nods at me and I look in the direction of the hideout.

"There is one person," Iridessa snaps in reply, her eyes locked on me.

"That was one time! And I put it right, didn't I?" I growl, glaring back at my friend.

"There is only one person who would lead Hook and his men to us, but Zarina's on our side now," Vidia corrected, ending the argument.

"No, that's not right," I say, shaking my head. "Peter would."

"No," Iridessa cuts, her tone clipped. "He's on our side, Tink."

"You didn't see him! He struck me, 'Dessa, I left before he could do worse damage than my wing."

"Humph." And my friend ignores me, acting as though I was non-existent.

"Pan!" A familiar voice yells, and my heart leaps into my throat.

"What, Codfish?" Another voice replies. "I already -"

"You said we would have but to wait for them. You said they would be here."

"Is that -"

"Dessa!" We all hiss.

"Come back here!" Hook yells.

"You said you would leave me out of this! No harm is to come to me - that was the deal." Peter's cockiness made my heart ache as it brings back the happy memories I have of times I spent with him and the Lost Boys.

"Yadda yadda yadda. Is it West?"

"North-West. Straight on until you see the Poisonetta bush."

"You know, Pan, we could actually be allies - you and your Lost Boys and me and my Pirates."

"They would never work alongside you. They don't trust me anymore. They have sided with Tink."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I follow Fawn down to a branch to gain a view and I nearly die from the sight.

"Terrible choice. Now, surely you have some of that dust. Give it -"

"I don't. I only ever need Faith and Trust - oh, and Happy Thoughts." Who was once my friend, my saviour, my everything was soaring around Hook, grinning.

"Oh, in the name of - TINK!"

But it was already too late. It was too much to take in. I flew straight at Peter, only to find myself in the hollow of a birch tree, strong arms caging me in.

"Didn't you hear him?" The owner asks softly, gently. "He really isn't one of us now, Tootles told me. He left not long after you, and they are definitely on our side."

"You went to the hideout?" I ask, bewildered.

Terrance nods, grimacing. "They thought I was you. Only for a minute, but still. Your hammer was the spare, remember?" Dread fills me and suddenly, I knew what I had to do.

"We have to drive them to the ship. I'll distract Peter while you help the others. Don't worry, Terrence, the boys are there and there." I point at two clumps of trees, where Tootles was hiding, waiting for the signal.

Slowly, Terrence agrees, and I fly out, grabbing Peter's attention.

"Tink!" Peter exclaims, shocked.

"Today really is not the right day to wind me up, Peter. But hey, the boys might let me live with them in the hideout once this is finished."

"But -"

"You were going to storm Pixie Hollow with Hook and his men, kill us all - Hook would've killed you once all was done. Oh, and I lost my home, all my things, my hammer."

"You lost your hammer? Again?"

"Enough talk!" And I draw my glinting sword, willing myself to grow to human height.

Peter's jaw drops once I finish growing. The spell would last a couple of minutes, but that would be far too long. I would be finished with him in seconds. I re-sheath my sword and taking Peter by surprise, I take out his legs, and he falls to the ground in pain. As he opens his mouth, I close my eyes and press my foot against his chest. I draw my sword - again - and raise it, the tip pointing directly at his heart.

"Stop! Please Tink!" Peter cries.

Instead, I lower the tip so the it skimmed the boy's top, and he begins to squirm in effort to escape, but in this form, I was stronger than an iron boat. I only had around a minute before I would begin to shrink.

"Stop!" Five people yell. It was the lost Boys.