[ Truthful ] Tokito Twins (part 2)

Start from the beginning

''Wait...'' the girl whispered, her form dropping as her hands fell to her sides. ''Why were you two following me...'' she questioned, confused. 

''Because you were avoiding us,'' Yuichirou stated, as though it was obvious. ''Yeah, you think we're just going to let you end our friendship without a clear explanation?'' Muichirou frowned his turn to cross his arms. 

Y/n's (e/c) eyes dropped, guilt carrying behind them. 

================================================================================

The trio walked in silence, with Y/n walking right between the two brothers. There was no way they're letting her escape. ''Y/n you can't run from us all the time,'' Yuichirou spoke, breaking the silence and the thick tense between them. The girl nodded, her fingers fiddling together as she gazed down at them, not knowing what to say. 

''Y/n, we've been friends since kindergarten. You can tell us anything.'' Muichirou stated, his mint eyes gently gazing down at the girl. Y/n's soft lips quiver, trying to find the right words to form. ''I-I...I'm so..so sorry guys..t-those words came out wrong-g this morning...I shouldn't h-have phrased it that way-y.'' Y/n stuttered, trying her best to apologies. 

''Oh so the 'I can't be friends with you guys' was wrong? Thank god, those words hurt.'' Yuichirou joked, faking a hurt expression. Y/n's brows knitted together before she gently punches the boy in his arm. ''Do you want your apology or not,'' she warned. 

''Okay okay, I'm sorry.'' Yuichirou pouted. Muichirou chuckled at the two's behaviour. ''So what did you meant to say Y/n?'' Muichirou questioned, leaning down at the girl. ''I-I...'' Y/n stuttered, her mind going fuzzy as she tried to find the correct words. The twins waited patiently beside her, allowing her to take her time. 

''I-I...I guess I just didn't w-wish to create the wrong image between us...'' Y/n admitted, her fingers shyly played with one another, her (e/c) eyes not daring to look at her friends.  

''Wrong image? What do you mean?'' Muichirou questioned again, trying to push the truth out of the girl. ''I don't know I just-'' the girl mumbled as she anxiously stared onto the stone pathway. ''Y/n...'' a soft whisper rang from Yuichirou's lips, calming Y/n down a little. Her (e/c) eyes averted up to gaze into the twin's mint ones. 

Softness was held behind them, telling her that everything was going to be alright. ''Just be truthful to us.'' Muicihrou comforted.  

Taking in a deep breath, Y/n started to explain. 

''E-ever...Ever since we started high school...the two of you had become really really popular and-'' the girl started but was cut off.  ''Yea we are popular,'' Yuichirou smirked as he jokingly stared down at the girl. ''Oi, let her finish.'' Muichirou scolded, knocking his brother in the head, allowing Y/n to continue. 

''Since I've always only hung around the two of you...people started making up rumours about us...and those rumours quickly got out of hand. So I thought maybe they would stop if I hang around you two lesser...and maybe get some other friends...but they only got worse. They got to the point where I thought I have to end our friendship just to protect your reputations...I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding...I should have talked to the both of you more clearly.'' Y/n apologies, pearls of tears started to well up in her eyes. 

The twins stared softly down at their friend, sadness and pity overwhelming them. 

''Y/n...'' Yuichirou muttered, his mint eyes turning softer. ''We don't care about our reputation,'' Muichirou added, knowing exactly what his brother intended to say. Y/n slowly looked up at her friends, a single tear dripping down her cheek.