30 • I was wrong

Start from the beginning

Naksh "Kartik, tum aur Naira jis project ke liye kaam kar rahe the uski legal papers Rishab ke paas hai. He stole them."

K "Rishab aisa kyu karega?"

Naksh "Actually he likes Naira. And he could not stand the fact that tum aur Naira eksaath ho. So he thought to blackmail Naira with your name." Naira looked down feeling guilty as she felt him gazing at her.

N "Kal raat Naira aur Rishab baat kar rahe the. Rishab was threatening her saying he would defame you with a fake conception."

K "Then?" He asked still staring at her.

Naira was nervous as she started playing with her fingers.

K "Naksh, please tell me clearly.

***

Flashbacks-

Naira was moving towards her room blushing remembering their moment.. adoring her ring.

Rishab came in front of her blocking her way..

N "Rishab." she was really pissed off

Rishab "Naira..tum kaha gayi thi?"

N "Main tumhe jawab dena zaruri nahi samajthi. That's none of your concern. So stay away."

She took a step ahead when he came in front of her preventing her to go.

Rishab "Oh toh date pe gayi thi. Lagta hai tum bhul gyi tumne kia promise kia tha. You remember what I told you. How can you be so stupid Naira? I told you earlier he is using you aur tum yeh samajh ne koshish karo please."

He tried to fill her ears. But not today! She had tolerated enough. Enough!

N "Shut up! Not a word against my Kartik. Not a word Rishab!" She said glaring at him dangerously.

While Rishab was astonished by her reaction. She never reacted this way.

N "Main kuch bol nahi rahi iska matlab yeh nahi ki tum kuch bhi bologe. Abhi bhi tum Kartik ke khilaf bole hi jaa rahe ho. Main ache se samajh rahi hoon tum kya chahte ho. I wish yeh pehle samajh gayi hoti toh yeh sab nahi hota." She took a deep breathe holding back her tears and continued as she slowly was hitting the realization.

N "And you tell me the truth."

Rishab "What if I don't tell you the truth?" He changed his tone with a smirk.

N "Rishab?"

Rishab "This is weird Naira. Isn't it? Ab jake tumhe samajh aaraha hai. It's too late girl. Tch tch."

N "What is the truth Rishab?"

Rishab "Now you realize tumhara Kartik aisa nahi hai. He is not using you. He loves you right?" Naira looked at him without blinking, trying to get his each words.

Rishab "Ab pata chal hi gaya hai toh koi baat nahi main details mein bataunga. Yes he never used you. He loves you and that girl I told you. kia naam tha uska.....umm Aashi..Aashi..right?"

N "You remember Aashi?" For a reason she was totally shocked. That was something related to her past.

Rishab "Yes. Aashi toh uska friend hai. Infact you know they are like best friends. You know what Naira, Tumhe bewakuf bana na itna asan tha uparse Kartik ne aur easy kardiya."

N "But you said.."

Rishab "I lied. He doesn't have any relationship with anyone. Actually Aashi is like a sister to him."