Chapter 10 - The Escape Room

Start from the beginning

Those people's houses are full of exotic things, or priceless antiques. Not to mention gold diggers.

"Over here!" Khun saw Bam waving, and he walked over, pulling the chair out and sitting down.

"Hey, it's good to see you again," Khun said taking off his suit jacket.

Grabbing the menus the two men began looking on what to order, and continued chatting.

"So how's your life going."

"Good," Khun replied as he flipped to the next page.

"Nothing interesting, no one interesting?"

"Not really."

"Come on Khun, lighten up a bit, I just wanted to have a friendly dinner and catch up more, but you're treating this like a meeting."

"Well, nothing really interesting is going on with my life. What about you?"

"Oh, you know the usual missions and stuff, speaking of missions I saw my sister."

"And the point is?" Khun said thinking about nasty Rachel, and her atrocity-ness.

"I met her during a mission, and the reason that happened was a certain contract you wanted to be signed." Khun flinched a bit at the sudden words, stopping from reading over the menu.

"Seems like I'm right, so tell me about it, I'm curious since it's 'nothing interesting'."

"I didn't know you had another sister."

3...

"I only have 2, unlike you, you have a lot of sisters and brothers."

2...

1...

"Excuse me a second." Khun abruptly said, and quickly stood up, rushing away to somewhere private, like a quite balcony outside.

That area was a smoking area, and even though Khun didn't smoke, there he stood in the smoking zone, not smoking. 'So if Rachel isn't my fiancee, then Karen is.'

After thinking for a while, Khun calmly made his way back to his seat. And they continued conversing after Khun apologized for the sudden leave, which Bam only waved it off politely and saying it was fine.

They looked at the menu for a while longer, just until the server would come. Both had a general idea of what they wanted to order. The menu had a lot to offer. Cuisine from all around the world, a lot of it combined just in one single menu. The chefs here really do get paid well for this, yet so many different cooking techniques to master, so it makes sense.

"Are you gentleman ready to take your orders?"

"Yes," Bam said smiling. "We'll get an appetizer of baked sesame calamari, and a plate full of o 'oeuvres."

"And a cocktail shrimp glass," Khun added.

"And for your main courses sirs?"

"I'll take a whisky and a Parm des Jeunes Pommes," Khun said closing the menu.

"And I'll have a pineapple chicken fillet, smoked in tiki almond sauce with a side of roasted garnished truffles. And to drink... a glass of your homemade milk tower." Bam smiled as the waiter took the menu away.

"Ok, your orders should be coming soon." And they walked away to hand the order for the chef to make.

So after a bit of pestering and persuading from Bam, but mostly pestering and prodigy, Khun told Bam what he wanted to know. Even though it was nothing 'interesting'.