Chapter 1

August Anthony Alsina -14 years old.

August POV

6:17 am

I was sitting at the kitchen table eating my breakfast while watching Martin. The bus came at 6:45 so I had time to eat. My mother finished cleaning off the stove and started washing the dishes.

My brother , Armel , known as Mel, came racing down the steps with his bookbag slung across his shoulder.

"Hey Ma", he spoke as he walked up to my mother and kissed her on the cheek. "Wassup Lil Man", he patted my back, and took a piece of bacon of my plate. "Hey!" , he then smirked at me and made his way to the door. "Ma I'm gone , don't wait up for me , Love you bye". "I Love you t--" , she was interrupted by the door slamming. "Too", she said as she finished her sentence. She then let out a sigh and continued to clean.

For some reason Mel always left out the house way earlier than me. I always wondered where he went. But it wouldn't matter because I always saw him at the bus stop. So I knew that he wouldn't have went far.

My mom was always worried about Mel. He was only a couple years older than me. But he stayed out in the streets and came in the house so late. I would wonder where he would be but if I asked I knew he wouldn't have told me.

The clock hit 6:35. I got up and began to clean up my mess and get ready for school. I placed my plate in the sink and wiped off my space on the table. I then walked into the living room to see my mom sitting on the couch watching the news. I grabbed my bookbag off the other end of the sofa and kissed my mother goodbye and made my way to the door to leave for school. "Have a good day in school Aug, I Love You", she said as her head stayed focused on the television. "Bye Love You To Ma". I then walked out of the door and to the bus stop, which was about a block away.

I saw Mel on the other side of the street with some older guys, talking and laughing. I then looked over and then turned my head back to the direction I was walking in because I knew he didn't want me over there.

I sat on the curb and waited for the bus. After about 5 minutes of me standing there Mel and his friends walked over to where I was standing. The bus turned the corner and stopped in front of us. I slung my bag across my shoulder and waited for the bus doors to open for me and got on the bus.

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A STORY!! NOT REAL FACTS !

©YungAug