Where It All Begun

Start from the beginning

Lan Wangji walked in the marketplace, the Jiang sect disciples already left and there was no traces of other cultivators anymore some stalls are still up and the people still went about their businesses. Lan Wangji walked with his white robes fluttering along the winds his attention was caught by a voice calling for him.

“Young Cultivator sir, would you like to buy something for your loved one?”

Lan Wangji looked at the old woman that was beckoning him to look at his stall. he walked closer and looked at the items, the woman seemed pleased and she immediately started to show some of her precious products. hairpins made of fine jades and other expensive accessories, but Lan Wangji paid no attention to it and reacher out to pick a red ribbon. he held it tightly and stared at it his face stayed as calm as always but his eyes looked at the item with grief.

The old woman saw this and she looked at Lan Wangji. “I always see you around here, walking with those sunken eyes. you arrive looking hopeful and returned looking defeated”

Lan Wangji looked at her and didnt say anything.

“Im sorry if im prying too much, it must be some personal matters” she smiled, and looked at the items on her stall. “Are you searching for someone? perhaps i could help? ive been in these street since childhood i know when i see new faces”

“No need” Lan Wangji murmured still running his fingers on the red ribbon, feeling the fabric on his hand.

“oh” the woman seemed to understood what he meant and just looked at him.

“Ill get this” Lan Wangji picked the ribbon and paid for it, he was about to leave when the woman stopped him and handed him another item. Lan Wangji looked at her and the item on his hand it was an incense burner, crafted like a lotus. “I dont want this” he murmured.

“No, No ill give that to you” she smiled “It had been with me for a long time but no one buys it” a small sigh escaped her lips “from what i heard it would allow you to see someone you desperately wanted to see” She glanced at Lan Wangji who looked at the incense burner.  “it might help you find that person”

“Thank you” Lan Wangji bowed and handed her some money for the incense burner, she refused it but due to Lan Wangji not budging in front of her stall unless she accepts it she finally took the money and smiled, thanking Lan Wangji as well.

.

.

.

Lan Wangji returned to Gusu and as he walked he passed by the town of Caiyi, the place is quite memorable to him, in this place is where he saw how brilliant Wei WuXian was, and how much he would do everything for the sake of others. saving Su She that time Lan Wangji didn't know why he suddenly took off faster than Jiang Cheng, maybe because of the danger his impulse worked fast but he knew now that quick intake of breath he did back there was because of Wei WuXian was in danger.

He turned around and started walking again, his eyes fell on a liquor shop, the jars of emperor smile piled up and he stared at it, a sudden flash of memory imprinted on his mind when he first saw Wei WuXian carrying the jars of emperor smile and slipped inside Cloud Recesses. Lan Wangji can remember every detail of that encounter as  if it happened just yesterday, that cheerful and beautiful voice once said: