Itchy Itchy

Requested by Marshydood

Sorry if it's not the way you wanted it...

-------

If anybody opened Tae's closet, they would find many loose-fitting clothes and very few tight ones. People would think that it was nothing more than a personal preference. But if someone noticed the small habit Tae had of "tickling" himself or read his update that he given ARMY, people would know what he really had.

He had cholinergic urticaria.

It was a skin condition that was triggered when the body temperature rose, such as when working out or performing under hot stage lights.

Tae couldn't avoid performing - it was part of idol life. He also couldn't avoid working out because he needed to have that body that ARMY raved about.

The solution was simple. Just take medication and take it easy if a bad attack did start somehow.

But how was he supposed to take it easy when a concert was supposed to start in less than 10 minutes?

The second maknae sat in the dressing room trying to hide his hand while scratching his arms and chest. The ill-fated red bumps had appeared. Tae hated the sight of them more than anything.

The warm-up dance that Jimin had made them all participate in probably triggered this. There was lots of moving in that.

Running into the room at full speed, Namjoon spotted the second maknae sitting there. "What are you doing here? Let's go!"

Tae nodded and slowly got to his feet to follow Namjoon out the room. He immediately regretted nodding. The room started swaying slightly, and he felt slightly nauseous. The second maknae tried to focus on Namjoon's back as he stumbled behind him.

"Tae walk faster!" Namjoon called back. He turned to shoot him a dimpled smile.

The younger singer didn't replicate the smile and instead nodded with a pale face. Namjoon didn't seem to notice and nodded right along.

Tae's arm and chest had started to sting, indicating that he had probably scratched a bit too hard. He could feel the snacks he had had earlier swirling around in his stomach. His throat hurt as he swallowed.

He needed to perform for ARMY.

"Let's do the cheer." Namjoon said when the two of them entered the main backstage area. The entrance to the stage was visible, bright lights dancing with the loud cheers that were the enthusiastic fans.

The members gathered in a circle.

Namjoon led the cheer, lifting his arm out of the gathering first as he grinned and yelled "Bangtan Sonyeondan!" Tae didn't say it with the others, he was saving his voice for the concert.

He hoped that he wouldn't mess up the concert.

--------

Tae was surprisingly fine for the first two songs. He focused on the choreography and hitting the correct notes, and he managed to completely forget about the itching.

But then his turn ended. The rap line was up. Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok stayed on stage as the background came on for the rappers. The other members, including Tae, returned backstage. Staff members frantically ran around helping them change into their new outfits.

As soon as Tae peeled his old shirt off of himself, the itching started again. The cool air blasted his sweaty skin, and instead of feeling the relief that he so desperately craved, he felt the familiar stinging. He placed his hand on his chest and rubbed as gently as he could, not daring to use his nails in fear of ripping the skin off. The warmth that appeared between his palm and chest relieved the itching a bit, enough for him to slip his new outfit on and exit the dressing room.