𝟮𝟱

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          "All right, we're on the clock." Mayfeld ordered. "The second we engage those droids, they're gonna be all over us."

          Maybe Din worked well with being ordered around, but I didn't. I've never liked working with a group. Especially one as dimwitted as this one. 

          "I know the drill." Din spoke calmly.

          "Bio trackers activated. I've got eyes." Zero interrupted through the comms.

          "All right, let's go."Mayfeld grabbed his blasters and led us through the halls. It was a maze of bright white. Each turn looked exactly the same as the other.  

          The prisoners stared at us intensely as we ran by with weapons drawn. I still couldn't believe that we were attacking a New Republic prison ship. Their friend couldn't possibly be that important.

          "I've got a bad feeling about this." I mumbled, sticking close to Din despite my resonating anger with him.

          He nodded in agreement and watched as the people peered at us through their bars. "I don't like this either."

          "You always were paranoid." Xi'an purred.

          "Is that true, Mando?" Mayfeld mocked. "Were you always paranoid?"

          An irritated prisoner slammed against their door and screamed out. Of course, they all wanted set free. 

          This was a mistake.

          "Approaching control room." Zero's voice broke through again. "Make a left at the next juncture."

          We followed his instructions, staying cautious and wary of any guards that may be lurking. A small mouse droid beeped as it entered the hall, chattering away. We all froze, not wanting to alert it of our presence. 

          "What?" Burg asked with his loud, gruff voice. "It's just a little mousey." He grabbed his blaster from his belt and held it behind his back as he spoke to the little droid. "Come here, little mousey."

          "Burg." Mayfeld warned. 

          "Mousey, come here." He continued. "Come here."

          "Burg, stop. You're gonna get us in trouble." I hissed through my teeth.

          It started to drive away, ignoring Burg's request to come closer. I watched as the anger grew on his scrunched face. He pulled his blaster out and before we could react, he shot the droid, blowing it in two.