Calming Waters

a/n: can we all take a second to admire just how pretty he looks in that panel?? god hes so gorgeous! 

- - - - -

It took longer than you had planned.

The moment you pulled out your blade, Giyu winced in pain and clenched his fists. Small beads of sweat began to form on his forehead. Instead of him crying, it was you. Seeing him in pain, and bleeding, was not how you wanted to spend your night.

Grabbing the heated sword, you began the painful procedure to cauterize his open wound. In short one-to-two second bursts, you pressed the blade on to his open wound. A soft hissing sound and the scent of burning skin filled the air. Grunts and muffled sounds of pain was all you could hear.

"I'm sorry." You kept on repeating. This went on for how long. When you saw that the wound had now closed and the bleeding had stopped, you took what was left of your haori and placed it on his shoulders.

Looking at him, you could see how he was slowly losing consciousness. His dim eyes seemed to become more lifeless. Moving closer towards him, you could feel his breathing. It was uneven but he was still breathing and that's what matters.

Making him lean forward, you heated the blade once again. Making Karasutori hold the blade, you crawled to Giyu's back. You ripped your other sleeve and wiped away the blood. To an extent, at least.

More tears ran down your cheek. Knowing that hearing your cry would only make things worse, you chewed your lower lip in hopes that he wouldn't notice

"D-don't cry." Giyu managed to speak. It was hushed, barely a whisper. Seeing his shoulders trembling and hearing his voice only made things worse. But, you knew you had to be strong.

Swallowing the lump in your throat, you took the sword from your bird. Positioning it once more, you inhaled and repeated the agonizing procedure. The odor of burning skin filled the air once again.

Once you inspected the wound, you let go of his sword and grabbed his discarded uniform. Taking the bandages, you slowly began to wrap his lower torso. This would have to be a rather hasty treatment but it would hold till you could call for the village's local doctor.

Gathering all his things, you made him wear his haori. Placing his arm around your shoulder, you carefully lifted him and made your way back to the inn. Thankfully, it wasn't that far knowing you were now familiar with the road.

By the time you reached the road, it was calming how no one was out and about. It must've been around 3 in the morning now. Even if there were people, you were in no mood to answer questions.

Silently opening the doors, you walked down the dimly lit hallways and went straight to your room. Letting him sit down on your futon, Helping him out of his haori, you took a good look at his body.

"I'm not taking advantage of you," You began to talk. Avoiding eye contact with a slight tint of red to your cheeks. "But, you need a bath."

"I know."

There was silence. For some reason, you had the sudden desire to drink water. Whatever comfortable silence you two had, was replaced with tension. It is undeniably true that bathing each other is intimate. You've kissed before, a heated one at that, but this was all too different.

"I won't do anything." You held your hands up and shook them. "I promise. And it would be too much for you knowing you're injured. I just have to clean the wound and give it a better wrapping job."

Perhaps the last word was not the best option, but luckily, the man across from you was oblivious.

Of course, Giyu had his own thoughts. In the shower with the person he kissed? Would he have to wear his clothes? He can still bend and move since he had already rested a few good minutes. Would that mean you would be... Slapping his thoughts and focusing on the task at hand, he gave you the go signal and accepted your hand.