Late Night Talks

"You can just drop me off at the rice fields at the foot of the mountain, Goto." You spoke up. Not helping but to laugh as well at how ridiculous your voice sounded. Knowing that it was all for security measures, your sense of smell was not the best so nose plugs were very unnecessary. Still, out of respect, you complied and hated talking.

"Is your leg cramping again? We can stop after we clear the forest." Goto offered.

"Nah. It's fine. The rice fields are quite far from his house so my legs will be pretty stretched and warmed up. Thank you for the offer though!"

Though you could not see it, Goto smiled and appreciated you thanking him. It was those little things that made him want to proceed in being a Kakushi. Adjusting his hold on you, he fastened his speed to arrive to your destination quicker.

It was around high noon when your feet finally touched the ground. Each bone popped as you stretched each leg to wake them up. Taking the blindfold and nose plugs was always an amazing feeling. Before Goto excused himself, you reached into your pocket and gave him a senbei. A small parting gift for all his efforts. Goto left you with such a fuzzy feeling that you ended up smiling awkwardly at the floating flowers that surrounded the awestruck Kakushi.

Beginning to walk, you took in the sight of rice fields as far as your eyes could see. Reminiscing your earlier years, you recalled how you used to get scolded by the Urokodaki. It was never acceptable that you would roll around the paddies water. Covering your mouth to hold in your laughter, you inhaled the fresh air the trees had to offer. With the mountain drawing closer and closer, the sense of home was introducing itself once more.

It had also dawned on you that the two siblings were probably residing with your mentor.

Your thoughts proved to be true when you saw the same young boy doing crunches outside the small humble hut Urokodaki lived in. His eyes perked up when he heard you approaching. A huge smile had been plastered in his face and he even waved at you as you closed in on him.

"You're that demon slayer with Tomioka-san! My name is Kamado Tanjiro~"

"How can I forget, Tanjiro~" His positivity was just so infectious that you couldn't help but smile as well. "How's Nezuko?"

"Oh..." Tanjiro lowered his head a bit as he stared at the hut. "She's been sleeping the past few days now. But, Urokodaki-san told me that it was for the best."

"Are you training, Tanjiro?" You asked as you leaned on the boulder. One of your favorite spots in the area. You adored how the clearing of the trees gave you a framed view of the horizon and rice fields. "Did I disturb you?"

"No, not at all! Are you here to visit Urokodaki-san?"

"Indeed, I am. Is he here?"

As if on cue, the bamboo doors slid open with a bang and you were met with an Urokodaki Sakonji holding a wooden katana. You knew that sight too well. You began to lean away and move backwards. Each step you took backwards, your mentor took one forward. Crouching to the ground, you heard footsteps running towards you and you were hit with the wooden katana.

"How many times have I told you, (Y/N)?!" Urokodaki said with each hit. "Never let your blade become sedentary!"

"I KNOW! I'M SORRY!"

"500 PUSH UPS NOW!"

"Yes sir!"

On command, you went down on all fours and began to do your punishment. Tanjiro, shocked at the sudden change of events, decided to accompany you and proceed with his training regime.