While typing, she hears a knock. Trailing her gaze to the door, she sees Damien standing in front of the door.

"How she feeling?" He asks in a small whisper trying not to make noise.

Lillian ignored him and threw her eyes back on the laptop and continued to type. Damien put a box of pizza in front of her to catch her attention but she didn't even flinch.

He sighs, irritatedly. "Yo!" He exclaims. "I'm talking to you. Stop acting like a little ass girl." He confronts her, slightly raising his voice.

Lillian turns to him, stand up to her feet and places the laptop on the chair. She begins to roughly push him out of the room. What is your problem?" She spat, angrily.

Furrowing his brows, he responded and this time his words stung only fueling the fire that burned inside of her.

"Baby girl, I'm good. You're the one with a problem. So much shit has happened to you in the past month but you ain't trynna talk about it."

He sighs before walking closer to her and tries to hold her hands but she steps back.

"Look, all I'm trynna tell you that I'm here for you and you know it but what I ain't gonna accept, is your nasty ass attitude. Stop pushing me away. Can't you believe someone actually cares about you?"

Lillian's eyes narrowed to the floor as Damien's speech continued to taunt her. Then her hands twitched and she could feel a vein pulsing in her forehead.

Damien had hit a nerve.

"I can't!" Lillian exclaims, her anger and sadness got the best of her.

Closing in the distance between her and Damien, her voice lowers, almost to a whisper. "My life is a fucking mess. It's hard to believe you're still here. It's only a matter of time before you walk away."

Damien man's eyes widened for a second before pulling her into a hug.

"You ain't ask me to be here. I chose to be. Stop thinking like that. Come on baby girl, don't cry." He replies in a soft tone as she sobs into his chest.

In the middle of their emotional confession session, the beeping coming from Brena's room magnified. Nurses began to dash inside as Lillian and Damien broke apart and went inside to see what was going on.

"Call the doctor. Her blood pressure is low and she's having chills." Says the head nurse that was observing Brena.

Lillian tries to push through but Damien holds her back. Immediately, the doctor races in with seriousness and urgency seeping off him as he removes his stethoscope from his neck. "Damn it, she's crashing."

The doctor notices while looking at the monitor. Brena was wheezing and they ripped her gown open while they wheeled in the crash cart.

"You guys can't be in here." One of the nurses says to Damien and Lillian escorting them out of the room.

"Wait. No, no tell me what's happen-" the door slams shut in Lillian's face.

Searing rage sizzled through her body like deathly venom, "Shit!" She roars while throwing her fists against the door.

It was like a volcano erupted as fervor skimming off Lillian was like a murderous waves. The wrath consumed like her like engulfing flames. Damien put his arm around her and they walked slowly to the waiting area.