He shook his head before continuing, "the least you could do is to protect her. Show yourself to me and save her. I beg of you." His eyes became glassy as tears threatened to break free.

"I'm not certain how you plan on doing this. Alexis always says you're a God that never fails and things work in accordance with your plan. Don't fail me, don't fail her."

At that moment, Desmond came to the actualization of his feelings for Brena. "I love her." He whispers.

"I love her. Yes. I know it might be too soon to say so but I do. So God, if you hear me, show me a sign." He goes on his knees and bowed his head.

Seconds later, white rays peeked through the tall window and shone into the church. Highlighting the room as the colors were more vibrant and a sense of peace came to dwell in his heart.

As his eyes rested on the golden acting rays, he blinked a few times in an attempt to adjust to the illumination directed right at his vulnerable kneeling figure.

Getting up slowly, Desmond's eyes roam the area in search of the pastor. "Pastor?" He calls out of curiosity. He does this four more times but no one appears forth to him.

After waiting for a minute, he opened the door and exited the church building. Coming out, he was able to breathe again. Desmond smiled to himself while dipping his hands into his pocket and walked over to where his car was parked.

He took two weeks off from work so he was heading home to shower and then return to the hospital. This time, he was going to bring the Bible his father gave him and read it to Brena as she slept.

As for Lillian, she was trying her hardest to be strong. Damien knew she was keeping it all in because she hasn't cried since the day they learned of the accident. All she wanted to do was have sex. Last night he turned her down and that sparked up an argument.

Although they aren't speaking, he stayed the night and ignored her tantrums because he knows she was dealing with a lot. Two weeks ago, Damien went to see Isaac at the warehouse as they originally planned.

He told Isaac that it wasn't going to work that night without Lillian because he wouldn't know what to look for. Isaac suggested to still follow them or so would Kevin think and feed him false reports. It was risky but Isaac was willing to go the extra mile.

This will buy them more time. He thanked him and went home to report to Lillian and she was in agreement with the decision. Her parents, Kevin and Linda James have been calling Lillian endlessly and she sends it to voicemail on purpose.

All she would do was to send them text messages and tell him that work and school have been keeping her extremely occupied. Kevin would respond and say he doesn't care she needs to make time for her parents. Her mother, however, would be more sympathetic and encouraged her to keep going.

The last thing Lillian needed was a call from a killer and now stalker. The person to blame right now was her father. If she didn't know she was being followed then she wouldn't have had to figure out who it was. Maybe she would have been with Brena that night and she wouldn't have entered the car.

Sitting in the room with Brena, Lillian was on her laptop sending messages to the person she paid to complete the assignments she was missing. The piled-up problems gradually diminished when a solution for her and Brena's school work bloomed.