one.

It had been six years

Six years since the war, six years since school, and six years since he felt that he actually lived his life.

Tonight was the anniversary of winning the war, and everyone was going out. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and a few others had invited him to come along, but he wasn't too sure. After the war, they had fixed up Hogwarts, and he had finished his last year. Afterwords, he opened up a Herbology shop a few years later, losing most connections and contact with his friends.

But every now and then, they would seek him out, which he was grateful for.

No, he didn't go unrecognized for how he saved the lives of many by killing Nagini, but he sure didn't get a lot of recognition, not that he cared.

He stood at the shop door with his coat in his hand. Closing it and locking the door, he walked out into the cool night. Harry and Ron said they would meet him at Rosmerita's if he chose to come, but tonight he didn't feel like celebrating.

Walking down the dark street in Godrics Hollow, he walked with his head down. Not noticing his surroundings, he bumped into a small figure. He stumbled as she held onto him to break the fall as they landed on the ground, clutching each other's shoulders

"I am so... so-" He started until he looked at the dazzled look of a girl he hadn't seen in at least six years. She had on one radish earring, and the other he guessed was an onion. Her silky white-blonde hair was dishelved and styled in an oddly queer way. He shook his head, he had been staring at her.

"Oh, Neville! So good to see you! I'm sorry, the Nargles were everywhere and I was trying to escape them but they ended up-"

"Luna..... it's.... it's you." He said sort of shocked. She shook her head, happily smiling.

"Why of course it is silly!" She said happily. He stood up and took her hands, helping her contain her balance. She looked around her, then at him. "You should really get those looked at." She said, pointing above his head. He looked up but saw nothing. He laughed.

"Ye-yeah." She wiped off her coat and began to skip away. He looked after her with confusion. "Wh-where are you go-going?" He asked her. She stopped mid skip and turned towards him. Clasping her hands together in front of her she giggled.

"Why, it's the anniversary of the big celebration! I'm going to meet with everyone. Isn't that where you should be?" She asked in her sing song like voice. He blushed.

"Um...." he scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, I thought I would just, um, stay home tonight." He said, not looking at her.

"Oh, well then, it was nice running into you!" She said with a giggle. Scampering away, he watched her small angelic form depart.

Turning around, he walked slowly once again down the street. It had been years since he saw her, and she didn't seem to change at all. He smiled to himself, it was nice to see someone else who wasn't effected by the war.

He stopped mid stride. He turned to where he just came from, where she just departed from him. Was he really going to waste this special, miraculous day by himself? No. He began jogging down the street in the opposite direction from where he was originally going.