24

Mercedes's Pov
I haven't come out of my room in three days. I couldn't bring myself to get up from my bed and go outside out of fear. Fear that I may run into Latrelle. Or that my friends would start talking and I'd blurt our what happened. I couldn't let them know anything it would just make this whole thing that much harder.
"Hey Bebesita." I heard my cousin Juan day as he came in through the window. He's the only one who's been over to see me since I locked myself in here. I tried telling him not to come but he won't listen.
"Hi Paco" I mumbled my voice rough from all the crying I've been doing. I already knew how this would go. I'd stay silent, he'd ask me if I was ready to tell him what's wrong, I say no, and he spends an hour trying to make me laugh. It's always the same routine.
"You know what? You've been in this room for too long prima. So today I brought reinforcements." As he spoke he unlocked my door and the fam walked in accompanied by my dad. I sighed heavily and shoved my pillow over my face. No no no no! I don't want to talk about this. Talking about it makes it too real!
"Okay Taco, we are not leaving this room until you tell us what's wrong!" Jamal said over dramatically as he pointed frantically around the room.
I normally would've laughed and thrown a pillow at him,but I just didn't have the energy for that. I groaned softly covering my head with another pillow but it was unexpectedly snatched away. I squinted glaring at Ruby who was now holding my pillow before I went under my covers.....But then Monse and Valentina took those too.
"No more hiding Mercedes. You've gotta tell us what's going on." Monse said sitting on my left.
"Yeah we're worried about you Chunti" Valentina said as she squished me in a bone crushing hug.
Maybe I should tell them..If anyone couldn't help me out in this situation it's all of them, but what if they can't? What if I really have to do what Cuchillos told me to do? No Mercedes! Don't think like that..you're going to give yourself a panic attack.
"Now. Tell us what's going on" Juan said as he kneeled infront of me. Everyone else got closer as they eagerly waited for me to fill them in on what was going on.
Seeing the looks on their faces finally made me break and I bursted into tears as I told them about the task Cuchillos gave me.
To say they were surprised was an understatement. Dad was furious,Monse and Valentina felt bad for me, and Jamal and Ruby didn't have the mental capacity to not freak out. Those to were icing around the room throwing around conspiracies about the possible outcomes and solutions to the situation.
"How could she tell you to do that? I thought she was like an aunt to you" Monse asked as she rubbed my back.
"I don't know, but she obviously doesn't care about how this would affect me." I mumbled as I laid back down. Something in my dad seemed to snap in that moment and he punched my wall making everyone jump. Mumbling a quick sorry he left the room to cool off.
"It's gonna okay he just needs to calm down." Juan told me trying to make me feel better. I just felt worse. I'm bringing so much stress on my family again.
"No you're not!" Everyone yelled at the same time causing me to flinch in surprise.
"Sorry Scooby, but you're not bringing stress on us. We all love you! You make all of our lives better and..and We all just care about you okay?! Cuchillos is a puta for even thinking about making you take someone's life." Ruby ranted as he paced the room
"Yeah we all got yo back girl! We're here for you. And we aren't gonna let you do this. Cuchillos can't make you. That bitch be bonkers" Jamal said which actually made me laugh. Everyone smiled at me glad to see I was lightening up.
"Yeah we got you Mercé. Ride or Die remember?" Valentina slung her arm over my shoulders as she brought up that old phrase Me, her and Monse used to say when we were little.
"Yeah Ride or Die" Monse said in agreement as they both hugged me.
"Yeah yeah I get it" I rolled my eyes making them both laugh and the boys looked at us like we were crazy.
"I'll never understand you three." I heard Juan mumble but he was quickly shut up as the three of us threw pillows at him.
"I told you they be bonkers!" That earned Jamal a pillow to the face too.
The fam spent the rest of the night with me trying to keep my mind off of things but it was still on my mind the whole time. And for the first time in forever I thought I was anywhere but here. Anywhere but Freeridge.
I never thought I would want to leave Freeridge this much......

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Theories? ~KK 😂😂😭🥰😘