Chpt 10~ homelife

another trigger warning, sorry⚠️
*violence + homophobic slurs*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Richie had arrived at his house, he was standing on the doorstep shaking. He began to dig through his bag for his keys until he finally found them and them in the lock. The door swung open. Richie was expecting to see an empty house but instead, he saw his dad sitting at the table glaring down at the boy.

"D-dad, you're home?"

"Where were you," the dad spat out. "You didn't tell us where you was going."

Richie swallowed his braveness down, not like he felt like he had it in the first place. But he was brave, but he just wasn't ready to beat the weakness. "I uhm, had a sleepover."

Richie closed the door gently and carefully placed his shoes on the shoe rack, the last thing he wanted was to set off his dad.

Richie slowly walked to get to the first step so he was able to just sit up in his room in peace, away from his dad. But, his dad had other plans.

"Come here," he demanded with a threatening tone in his voice. "Now!"

Richie dropped his bad and slowly walked over to his dad who immediately stood up from the chair as his son got in reach. He reached out his arm and grabbed hold of Richie's wrist, yanking him towards him so the boy could now hear his fathers heavy breathing. "I've been hearing some things about you son."

"Uh, what have you been hearing?"

"People have been saying that you've been spending awful time with a boy, why a boy Rich? Why not a girl?" Wentworth's grip on Richie's wrist became harder and harder until he heard his son squeal.

"N-no dad, i was just going to the arcade with him," Richie mumbled.

"Are you sure? My son isn't a fag, is he?"

"N-no, i like girls.."

"Really? Because i've been hearing that you and this boy were quite close together.. As close as we are right now Richie.."

Richie stayed quiet. He kept his eyes looking anywhere but into his fathers direction. He stood tall ,trying to seem like he could handle it, but he felt too weak to say anything to defend himself.

"My son better not be a faggot," he spat. "My son likes girls.. Doesn't he?"

"No.."

"What was that?!"

"Nothing! I said ye-" Before Richie could finish defending himself, he felt a hard and painful punch in the stomach. Richie lost his balance and fell to the floor, he looked up to see his dads eyes glaring down at his son's. Richie's eyes then followed down to his fists which were both tightening up as if Wentworth was ready throw some more punches. But he didn't.

"I don't want to hear any more rumours about you son, okay?"

Richie nodded slightly before he watched his dad wonder over into the kitchen and grab for another beer from the fridge. There was already empty bottles scattered around the place, as well as cigarettes. A lot.

As soon as his father had gone out in the backyard to have a smoke, Richie crawled up the stairs and into his room. He gently closed the door and pulled his body up so he was finally in his nice, warm bed.

Richie sat in his bed, holding his arms over his bruise which was just above his belly button. It hurt, but not as much as the cut that he got the other day by his dad.

[rewind time]

"You got another detention boy?!"

"Yes.. I didn't me-"

Wentworth threw his empty beer bottle in the direction of his son. It didn't hit him, apart from one little piece of glass which flew over and cut Richie's ankle. It started bleeding fast but it did hurt, it fucking hurt a lot. The cut was right on Richie's ankle which made him drop in pain. He held over the cut with his hands which left blood stains on his hands and ankle. His dad still furious.

"I'm going out, i expect this shit to be cleaned up perfectly by the time i get back or i swear.."

"Okay sir.."

[present time]

Richie laid in bed, letting the tears escape from his eyes. They dropped from his cheek onto his pillow, he let out silent whimpers now and then but tried his hardest not to make them too loud for his father to hear. He didn't want his father wanting a weak son, although he didn't know that he was part of the reason why Richie felt so weak..

As Richie's tears began to slowly decrease, he decided to listen to some music through his headphones.

He listened to music for a while, he was going to stop but he'd rather not deal with the constant "fuck" and "shit" that his dad would yell out in anger.

So Richie spent his time listening to music until he finally turned it off. He felt his eyes slowly started to drift off. His thoughts were gone.

After he got fully comfortable in his bed, his whole body broke down. Not long after, he fell into a deep sleep..